second gear slipping

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwardtxusa

Reaction score
My max has started slipping in second gear when I get on the gas. If I'm not gunning it no problem. Only second. Any thoughts?

sounds like the dogs are worn down. talk to morley about options, none are cheap or pretty unfortunately.

what yr and how many miles?

Loss of traction maybe? It's like the clutch is slipping? Or is it popping out of gear ?

That sucks! It may very well be the gear dogs worn if it's getting a full engagement during the shift and no other gears are having issues. Make sure it's not the clutch but they usually show up in the higher gears.

Sean

It has always been a rough shift. It will sometimes pop out right after the shift. Other gears seem to be fine.

Might have bent a shift fork early on and now it's got the dogs worn down. It will likely need the undercut job we do and new forks/shift drum. Email me directly and I can send info on pricing and options (a few on here have had our overdrive installed when doing the trans work).

Sean

Back