Second Ignitech Aftermarket TCI group buy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any HP gains from this mod?

I do not have any direct evidence that there is, but if you were able to completely control the RPM & vacuum timing advance, it would seem the potential is there.

That's reanson why I am trying to get the VMax people involved with this, you guys have the desire for HP & torque, moreso than the Venture group.

Gary

Gary,

Just re-read with an interest in possibly getting one, if money allows. Not quite ready to commit. Maybe in a month, only because I've just put together $1000 for exhaust and morley jet kit and I still need $500 more.
It's safe to say I'm interested.

Re the servo motor. If the output is to control a motor at 5v, then that needs to be ramped up to 12v. Could the manufacturer just increase the output capability of the h-bridge installed? Otherwise we would need to add an external h-bridge, or output stage (which would be worth doing)

I have had a look in the yamaha manual (presumably the same one can be downloaded).
On p.369 (ch.7 p66) it seems to indicate the pot is 7.5k and the motor is 12v.
Well, it tells you to test the motor by connecting it directly to 12v.
Presumably if someone measures the voltage during operation it may be less than that, as it probably uses pulse width modulation to control the motor.

Is that any help?

Very doubtful I could get the output changed on the TCI. This unit will fit quite a few other bikes with a program change and the correct adapter harness. HD's, Triumphs, Ducati's, Honda's, Suzuki's. Not every model of every bike but a bunch of them. Changing any of the parameters for one bike would conflict with others it will work on.

Look at my post on 1/14 @ 2:29, it details electrical profile of motor.

Feedback potentiometer is 7.5K ohms.

Most promising convertor I have located at this point is a TDA7396 bridge audio amp from STMicroelectronics. It will take peripheral circuitry along with this amp to make work. I have an Electrical Engineer that will help as time permits. Our day jobs are high demand on our resources in a new product development group.

Also, a couple of people have mentioned getting in on this when tax refund comes. If I can get a small down payment I think I could work with you to get in on this.

Gary

Duh. I think I read it all out of order. You already have the specs.
That amp looks good and cheap!
If I had any training in design I would help, but I only muck about at home.

I'll send a PM about the deposit. Cheers.

I have been exchanging emails yesterday & today with people at Ignitech. I am planning on ordering the units Thursday evening.

Today their engineer asked me if I wanted the new V88 units in this group. They have developed a new unit that is optimized for a Vacuum sensor (MAP) instead of the Throttle position sensor (TPS) the earlier model was designed for. The TCI has been used with the TPS but with an input from the vacuum sensor. This has worked out fairly well but they have improved on this concept.

I have included the email from him next. (in blue)

[FONT=&quot]We have completed development of a new version (v88) TCIP4 unit which is suitable for use with pressure sensor (IAPS).

The standard version (V80) was developed for use with throttle position sensor (TPS). Entering values ​​in advance map for pressure sensor is in version 80 very difficult. Version 88 has the choice if it is used TPS or IAPS and adjusts accordingly advance map.

The signal from the TPS in version 80 is processed every 10 miliseconds. When using a pressure sensor instead of TPS there are large fluctuations in the signal IAPS, especially at low speeds. In version 88 is IAPS signal processed as average of 2 rpm, so there is no measurement fluctuations.

We have also now measured characteristics of the original pressure sensor of the Venture.

We have two questions:

1) Do you want for the current order version 80 or 88?

2) Do you want to modify the connector adapter for using original pressure sensor from the Venture?
[/FONT]

I replied to them that I would like to have the new version if the cost was the same as the prior version. I can always use it as before with the TPS setting.

If it is same cost, I will get the new V88 units, which can still be used with a new MAP sensor.

It has the advantage of being able to use the existing bikes vacuum sensor and still be a 'Plug & Play'

If I do not supply the new MAP sensor I can reduce the cost of the unit by $20. I have not yet ordered sensors from supplier in China.

At this point, I recommend getting the new MAP sensor, especially in the case of a older bike. There have been many failures of the stock sensor.

I have emailed them with some other questions about this and hope to hear from them tomorrow

Gary

For what it is worth, I found another American seller of this TCI on line today.

He only wants $495 plus $8 shipping and no MAP sensor.

http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/motor/ignitor-box/

I got some extras coming so if you still want to get one, let me know.

I'm charging $250, US shipping included, with a small fee if paid by paypal.

Gary

For what it is worth, I found another American seller of this TCI on line today.

He only wants $495 plus $8 shipping and no MAP sensor.

http://planetvmax.com/85-07vmax/motor/ignitor-box/

I got some extras coming so if you still want to get one, let me know.

I'm charging $250, US shipping included, with a small fee if paid by paypal.

Gary

LOL troll :rofl_200:

Any updates from Ignitech on this, or about v-boost functionality?

I'm definitely interested, the lack of v-boost servo functionality is the only thing keeping me out at the moment. If that gets sorted I'll have a deposit off in no time.

I got the TCI's today. They are the new V88 style. Outside of the case & harness connectors are identical to the previous versions.

I will ship them no later than Monday, 3/5/12.

I have to get all the MAP sensors attached to harness, test on my bike to get the MAP setting correct for the new style. Get CD's ready. Pack them.

I have 17 to get ready.

I have 3 extras available at this time.

Gary

IMG_1048.jpg

"arewethereyet? Arewethereyet?"

This is me doing the giddy-inside-like-a-toddler-on-a-sugar-high dance!

If you have any left, what would be an all in price including shipping to UK?

This is for a 1985 MAX. Many thanks.

That's cool... offer stands to anyone that's purchased one from you.

Gary email me regarding your intentions with that. Im running Dyna coils with no issues but im lacking space that i could use for something else.

EDIT - I just noticed on the video above its regular size coils. Any positive points on these compared to stock or Dyna ones?...

Gary email me regarding your intentions with that. Im running Dyna coils with no issues but im lacking space that i could use for something else.

EDIT - I just noticed on the video above its regular size coils. Any positive points on these compared to stock or Dyna ones?...

I hate to say I am not interested, it sounds uncaring, but I don't have 'regular' coils on bike. I put a set of Coil over Plugs (COP's) on last winter. Very happy with them. Also, with the Ignitech TCI, I don't have to run resistors in COP feed wires, with the adjustable dwell time.

I had one of the COP's hooked to a spare plug a few weeks ago & cranked bike over, plug was arcing at least an inch to the case.

Gary

I hate to say I am not interested, it sounds uncaring, but I don't have 'regular' coils on bike. I put a set of Coil over Plugs (COP's) on last winter. Very happy with them. Also, with the Ignitech TCI, I don't have to run resistors in COP feed wires, with the adjustable dwell time.

I had one of the COP's hooked to a spare plug a few weeks ago & cranked bike over, plug was arcing at least an inch to the case.

Gary

Sounds like a great product! I understand... the coils wouldn't be very practical for a standard Vmax. I'm sure you have limited time to play as we all do. I'm going to buy a Megasquirt which has quite a few bells and whistles to go with it. They use the LS1-2 and MSD version coils for fire power on some big boost 30 PSI+ applications. The adjustable dwell caught my eye.

Back