Second Ignitech Aftermarket TCI group buy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred,

I just now saw your last question on the COP's, not sure what you are asking.

In the Ignitech TCI, there are 4 settings for the dwell time

Dwell - sets excitation of induction coils
Short - for coils with resistance lower than 2 ohms.
dwell time 1 ms with the dynamic addition 12%.
Long - for coils with a resistance greater than 2 ohms.
dwell time 3ms with the dynamic addition 12%.
Manual - the ability to manually determining the excitation time
Auto - automatic dwell time determination. Unit determines optimal dwell time by
measure dynamic current in channel 1. With that choice the spark-coil has to
be connected to channel 1.

Screen shot of each setting area attached. Short and long have same screen.

I am using the Short setting, with no resistors in the COP's lead wires.

Gary

Attachments

• Auto dwell.jpg
    Auto dwell.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Manual dwell.jpg
    Manual dwell.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Short dwell.jpg
    Short dwell.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 22
hello gary, i have the need of a new ignition control. i am replacing a hitachi tid 14-95 from a 1993 vmax
if your set up will work i would be very interested.can you e-mail me [email protected]

Hi Gary
SvenDGAF asked for an all-in price for shipment to the UK, I also would like to know the cost please.
Have you had chance to test the TCI with a Vboost servo? Apart from the guy who said the manual suggests testing the Vboost servo with 12v, did you have any other replys on the actual voltage the servo is fed from the Vboost controller? (just because it is suggested to use 12v to test the servo operation doesn't mean it uses 12v when working).

Hi Gary
SvenDGAF asked for an all-in price for shipment to the UK, I also would like to know the cost please.
Have you had chance to test the TCI with a Vboost servo? Apart from the guy who said the manual suggests testing the Vboost servo with 12v, did you have any other replys on the actual voltage the servo is fed from the Vboost controller? (just because it is suggested to use 12v to test the servo operation doesn't mean it uses 12v when working).

I do not have any more TCI's at this time.

http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

Probably going to be putting in Bazwell's BBoost in the next couple of days. The variable setting aftermarket VBoost controller I got does not seem to work.

Gary

I might have mine for sale in the following days. Im evaluating upgrading to a different version due to the need for NOS controller use and ignition blocking for shifting. Mine is brand new never used. Got it from dingys groupbuy.

Back