Security system (anti theft device)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Strange

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a security system on their gen 2 VMAX? If so what brand/model did you choose and what do you like/dislike about it ?

I sell an anti-theft/keyless system from Digital Guard Dog. I had custom adapters made for the gen 1's and they already have the setup for the gen 2's for us. Email me at [email protected]

You can put the Yamaha's alarm which is from Meta Alarms. Yamaha is officially using META DEFCOM 3 alarm for Yamaha Vmax 1700. It's plug play no wire cutting or anything else. Alarm fits excellent within left seat cover as also under the passengers seat. Is working our of the box and I have it now 5 years. No drain battery at all very good.

I buy it from here https://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarmshop/yamaha-meta-defcomt.html
Very good price for genuine alarm. 150 GPB. You will see that the vmax is not in the list but don't worry all those yamaha's have the same loom wire kit.

You can put the Yamaha's alarm which is from Meta Alarms. Yamaha is officially using META DEFCOM 3 alarm for Yamaha Vmax 1700. It's plug play no wire cutting or anything else. Alarm fits excellent within left seat cover as also under the passengers seat. Is working our of the box and I have it now 5 years. No drain battery at all very good.

I buy it from here https://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarmshop/yamaha-meta-defcomt.html
Very good price for genuine alarm. 150 GPB. You will see that the vmax is not in the list but don't worry all those yamaha's have the same loom wire kit.

Thanks

I got monimoto, its a tracking device, if someone moves the bike you get a call on your cell phone. I really like it. No wiring just replace batteries once a year. Just Google monimoto

This post sent me off to eBay to look at GPS tracers/alarm. A simple tracker cand be bought for about £ 5 ; and I've seen one that has a tilt alarm for about 2x the price but can't find link to it right now,

But I have found this - it looks like a car relay and you can define a zone that once the vehicle has left it, will trigger an alarm on your pohone plus it has the ability to remotely turn off the fuel pump !!! (note the advert says oil pump but that wouldn't make sense).

see here
Car Auto Tracking Relay GPS Tracker Device GSM Locator Remote Control Anti-theft | eBay

Bought mine from a dealer down in Florida about 2 months back. It came with a FIN (Find it Now) setup. Sends texts to my phone when the bike is moved, when it exits a pre-determined zone. It hooks up directly to the battery but will alert when battery voltage drops below a set point. It does have a battery backup that'll kick in if it goes below that point. Logging into the program on my phone shows a history of events, current location, battery voltage, etc. Annual fee for service is $70.

Anyone know exactly where the Gen2 connectors are located for this Meta Defcom3 Alarm to plug into are? (pic if possible)

Were you live how many Vmax would be on the Islands.Digital Guard Dog makes a plug and play key less system also have a gps tracking module that works with there system. Or just use what ever gps tracking system that would work in your area. Cant see any one stealing your Vmax if you live on the Cayman Islands your Vmax would be very noticeable.

Were you live how many Vmax would be on the Islands.Digital Guard Dog makes a plug and play key less system also have a gps tracking module that works with there system. Or just use what ever gps tracking system that would work in your area. Cant see any one stealing your Vmax if you live on the Cayman Islands your Vmax would be very noticeable.
Yep, only 2 here… the other one is off-road and doesn’t have my mods so will be very noticeable… not worried about theft, I thing then I’ll check “12demax” for the digital Guard Dawg… I like gadgets and like a little “Flashing LED” when Parked to keep people hands off and not attempting to sit for pics when I’m not around…

Yep, only 2 here… the other one is off-road and doesn’t have my mods so will be very noticeable… not worried about theft, I thing then I’ll check “12demax” for the digital Guard Dawg… I like gadgets and like a little “Flashing LED” when Parked to keep people hands off and not attempting to sit for pics when I’m not around…
The other one is "off-road" ? Did somebody convert a VMAX to be an adventure style bike?

I got stuck in 1/2 inch of sand once on a Florida road. I can't imagine off road with that bike.

Latest posts

Back