Seeking Pro Tips, Tricks, Hacks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaXXX

Reaction score
Taking off a Voodoo setup and reinstalling stock cat and cans.
Is it possible to remove the mid-pipe without dropping the head pipes?
Also, any advice on tightening the rear clamps?

UPDATE: Just going to remove the rear frame and fuel tank.

Last edited:
Taking off a Voodoo setup and reinstalling stock cat and cans.
Is it possible to remove the mid-pipe without dropping the head pipes?
Also, any advice on tightening the rear clamps?

UPDATE: Just going to remove the rear frame and fuel tank.
Why are you taking off voodoo? too loud? Did you have to cut off centerstand?

Why are you taking off voodoo? too loud? Did you have to cut off centerstand?
I don't believe this model was equipped with a center stand. They are extremely loud but the reason I'm removing them is their hideous condition. This machine is WAY too nice to have this trash on it. They need replaced or refinished - still haven't decided which.

Attachments

• 20210128_100524.jpg
    20210128_100524.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 31
I don't believe this model was equipped with a center stand. They are extremely loud but the reason I'm removing them is their hideous condition. This machine is WAY too nice to have this trash on it. They need replaced or refinished - still haven't decided which.
Oh a gen 2 nice!!! I agree way to nice of a machine!

Wrap them.
Or spray with hi temp vht
Gotta look better than they do now.

Yeah, that VHT is good stuff.

BTW, is there such a thing as the "Un-mod Monkey"?

(Just teasin' VmaXXX)

LOL Great question. The wife actually pointed out I'm doing the opposite of what I've always done.
And I totally agree wrap and VHT is great. Here's my slightly modded '76 KZ400 bar-hopper sporting wrapped and sprayed pipes...
FB_IMG_1570650988593.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to forum Vma tripleX. I'll bet you have great hearing. That KZ knocked all the wax out. Looks sweet though. A black Springer wouldn't look out of place .

Last edited:
Back