Seen some V-Max's in Rochester

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am staying out in Rochester for a while ( the flooding around Lake Ontario) I seen a Red 1st gen fri after noon close to the staples on 104 Greece and heard 2nd gen V-max wed night while sitting at TC Hooligans (love the distinct exhaust signature). I have my truck up here for now because of all my gear, hopefully will get a chance to bring up my V-max..When I do if the weathers nice who wants to get together and go riding.

The red gen 1 was mine. LCR performance was doing some troubleshooting of the charging system. Unfortunately I live in buffalo so no Rochester rides for me :(

The red gen 1 was mine. LCR performance was doing some troubleshooting of the charging system. Unfortunately I live in buffalo so no Rochester rides for me :(

Oh its a nice bike I seen it, heard it, it caught my attention. Yeah I had some charging issues with mine last year I got them figured out ended up being a bad R/R which cooked the stater so I replaced the stater and R/R no more charging issues.

I am staying out in Rochester for a while ( the flooding around Lake Ontario) I seen a Red 1st gen fri after noon close to the staples on 104 Greece and heard 2nd gen V-max wed night while sitting at TC Hooligans (love the distinct exhaust signature). I have my truck up here for now because of all my gear, hopefully will get a chance to bring up my V-max..When I do if the weathers nice who wants to get together and go riding.

I’ll ride! When will you have your bike? When ya bring your bike up, and needs anything stop in at LCR in Rochester. Vmax guru right near ya.

I’ll ride! When will you have your bike? When ya bring your bike up, and needs anything stop in at LCR in Rochester. Vmax guru right near ya.[/QUOTE/]
Hopefully soon, it will be a couple of weeks, I have a day off this Thurs and Fri heading for home after I get out tonight. Saturday morning starts my 2 week of annual training with the guard. I do have some work to finish when I get home. I already installed my SS Galfer clutch and brake lines, I replaced the clutch slave cylinder and replacing the brake master cylinder as well so everything will have to be bled. I got to finish installing my LED turn signals, just some small shit, but if I have any issues that's good to know about a V-MAX close to where I am working. So I am guessing your in Auburn NY? I am right in Union Springs.

Yeah, I’m in auburn. You ride with a couple vmax’s I know. I’m dying to get all our bikes together for a ride. Yeah give LCR a shout if ya need anything. Lary there is a great guy, these guys here are great too. Mines not back together yet, but getting closer.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm down for a ride. Live in the Corning area, but commuted to Victor all of last year, so long rides are not out of the question. Plus, I need a good run on my new seat.

Yeah, I’m in auburn. You ride with a couple vmax’s I know. I’m dying to get all our bikes together for a ride. Yeah give LCR a shout if ya need anything. Lary there is a great guy, these guys here are great too. Mines not back together yet, but getting closer.
I stopped in to see Larry at LCR hes a good guy. Sounds good looking forward to doing some riding, The Army/National Guard has been putting a damper on my riding this season, I am on Ft drum doing my Annual Training Now mid month. plus there is a car show up here at Ft Drum June 20th 1-4PM at Division Hill

Hey, I'm down for a ride. Live in the Corning area, but commuted to Victor all of last year, so long rides are not out of the question. Plus, I need a good run on my new seat.
Yeah it sounds like a plan I should be back in Rochester around the 17-18 June doing my Annual Training now at Ft. Drum

Well I finally have my V-MAX in Rochester went and got it tonight from my house, if all goes well I'll have some time tomorrow mid-afternoon/night to ride, that's gonna be my transportation until Saturday then going home to hot swap and get my truck and head back to Union Springs on Sunday,

Went for a scoot tonight once I finally got done with work and stopped into the Wood Stone Brewery in Greece ran into a another V-MAX out and about, that has had the LCR touch to it, it is gonna be fun in to the rain lol

Attachments

• IMG_20190619_212024492.jpg
    IMG_20190619_212024492.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20190619_212036940.jpg
    IMG_20190619_212036940.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20190619_212052137.jpg
    IMG_20190619_212052137.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 15
Cool! Just got home from picking someone up at the airport. No Max today; however, I drove through a nasty storm near Dansville that reminded me of riding in a bad storm in Texas many years ago. Super heavy rain and wind.

Probably will ride to work tomorrow, not sure about an afternoon ride, there's a government project that needs attention to get ready for the weekend. Picking up a bunch of equipment from a hobby machine shop, hopefully. Now the mod monkey will have fabrication capability!!

Went for a scoot tonight once I finally got done with work and stopped into the Wood Stone Brewery in Greece ran into a another V-MAX out and about, that has had the LCR touch to it, it is gonna be fun in to the rain lol

Cool! Just got home from picking someone up at the airport. No Max today; however, I drove through a nasty storm near Dansville that reminded me of riding in a bad storm in Texas many years ago. Super heavy rain and wind.

Probably will ride to work tomorrow, not sure about an afternoon ride, there's a government project that needs attention to get ready for the weekend. Picking up a bunch of equipment from a hobby machine shop, hopefully. Now the mod monkey will have fabrication capability!!
Well I can ride in the morning due to a scheduling change I don't have to go in until 1300(1pm) plus leaving Rochester Sunday morning.. but gonna get up and hopefully see Larry @LCR tomorrow, before work, it ended up being a diecent ride in today

Oh, man. Missed you guys.

Ended up riding out to Allegheny NF Saturday afternoon. 278 miles total. Really good ride along PA49 and part of 6, then into the east side of the forest below the reservoir.

The Max got 44.97mpg!! Out friggin standing!!! Best ever. Ran three tanks with Seafoam through it to smooth out the dirty bits in the idle circuits. I noticed that the first tank, even before the Seafoam, was just a tad over 2 gallons and 90 miles. I thought this was a fluke, so I checked again and calculated the second tank at 44.97 which is crazy. I've been getting about 33mpg riding back and forth to work, but that's only 6 miles each way.

Oh, and the new seat from Sean is really good. I was still sore when I got back, but my hips didn't feel like they were going to split apart. Now to get some highway pegs installed...

Before Larry opened LCR, he worked for a friend of mine from Scottsville. Larry has a lotta stuff in that space, anything you want done, he's gonna be able to do it. Did you notice all the frames hanging from the top of the back wall?

Oh, man. Missed you guys.

Ended up riding out to Allegheny NF Saturday afternoon. 278 miles total. Really good ride along PA49 and part of 6, then into the east side of the forest below the reservoir.

The Max got 44.97mpg!! Out friggin standing!!! Best ever. Ran three tanks with Seafoam through it to smooth out the dirty bits in the idle circuits. I noticed that the first tank, even before the Seafoam, was just a tad over 2 gallons and 90 miles. I thought this was a fluke, so I checked again and calculated the second tank at 44.97 which is crazy. I've been getting about 33mpg riding back and forth to work, but that's only 6 miles each way.

Oh, and the new seat from Sean is really good. I was still sore when I got back, but my hips didn't feel like they were going to split apart. Now to get some highway pegs installed...

I bought my 97 in Tioga for $2,500. With just over 10,000 miles on it. I'm from around Watkins Glen area originally, I now reside in SC. Better weather. I'll be up in two weeks to visit friends and family for a week. Trailering our bikes up, my 18 max, and the wife's v star 1100. Hopefully it's nice weather, has been the last two years we been taking our bikes. Funny reading this thread my old stomping grounds lol.

Last edited:
Before Larry opened LCR, he worked for a friend of mine from Scottsville. Larry has a lotta stuff in that space, anything you want done, he's gonna be able to do it. Did you notice all the frames hanging from the top of the back wall?

Scottsville!!!! I had an uncle that was a fireman in scottsville, what a small world. This was prolly 20 years ago. I remember him taking me and showing me the fire house, and the trucks and Playing pool, it was fun. Actually rode through scottsville last year on our annual vacation to NY. What a small world, lol.

Latest posts

Back