Self Taught Rocket Scientist...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Mike Huges, a limo driver and self-taught rocket scientist plans to launch himself into the stratosphere on Feb 3rd in a rocket built in his garage. His ultimate goal is to get to outer space and prove the earth is flat.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/can-s...mike-hughes-prove-earth-is-flat-1151204931647

There's a part of me that admires him for building his own rockets and the guts to launch himself. But at the same time... I think he's making a strong case for the Darwin Award as well.

For the sake of argument, lets play the IF game..
IF he doesn't kill himself on launch.
IF he doesn't kill himself on landing with that cheesy parachute.
If he can reach a high altitude without running out of air.. (I've been to Pikes Peak, which is over 14,000 ft, and its hard to breath up there. 14K Ft is no where close, to what this guy is reaching for).
AND IF, he does make it high enough to see the curvature of the Earth.

He'll be one less of those crazies that think the earth is flat.
Keep in mind that if any "Flat Earthers" see his story, they'll say he's part of the conspiracy too.

What,, does he think he's Zefrom Cochrane? Live long and prosper.. LOL..

Yea I'm thinking at some point the higher he tries to go, as a self-taught rocket scientist who believes the earth is flat, his math and understanding of science is going to fail him in a very painful way.

I liked the footage of his crash. It looked like a good one.

Kudos to him on building this contraption. I hope he makes it far enough to realize the earth is round and he is a dumbass.

I guess if he accomplishes that, he can't be a total dumbass. I mean, you gotta have some kind of sense to be able to launch yourself into the stratosphere.

Here to hoping he lives to see 2/4/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What is flat earther thoughts on why we all couldn't see the Himalayas? Everest is like 29k feet. If earth was flat we could see it from pretty much any back yard right?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Apparently, he called the launch off due to weather. Haven't found any info on when he plans to try again.

I came across this meme today. Funny as hell and relevant to this thread.

Attachments

• DVR9aJxWAAAXKol.jpg
    DVR9aJxWAAAXKol.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back