September 2021. Escape from autumn to the south

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikhail.F

Reaction score
Trip to the Black Sea coast. Mileage - 5000km of which 1900km in 24 hours there and 1900km in 24 hours back.

Attachments

• 0J2A9171.jpg
    0J2A9171.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 0J2A9181.jpg
    0J2A9181.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-09-06 20-25-34.JPG
    2021-09-06 20-25-34.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2021-09-04 14-31-34.JPG
    2021-09-04 14-31-34.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2021-09-05 13-34-24.JPG
    2021-09-05 13-34-24.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 12
I liked the video, some great pics of the terrain and the water. The distance travelled was considerable, I'd be happy in one day to cover half of the km you did!

In one spot, I saw a very-tall curb and no apparent shoulder onto which a disabled rider could safely remove himself from traffic. That was scary.

One of the riders favored being really-close-to the centerline, and I saw his side bag overhanging the centerline. A distracted texting/cellphone-user coming from the other direction also at the line would make for an ugly scene. I try to avoid the centerline and all painted markings on pavement, because they don't provide the same coefficient of friction as unpainted pavement, especially in the wet, or at intersections where sitting vehicles deposit oil, coolant, water, and from trucks, tar and concrete. One reason I don't like riding side-by-side is that in the event of an evasive maneuver, your ability to swerve away is limited by the rider next to you. I much-prefer a staggered formation, if riding in a group.

I liked the video, some great pics of the terrain and the water. The distance travelled was considerable, I'd be happy in one day to cover half of the km you did!

In one spot, I saw a very-tall curb and no apparent shoulder onto which a disabled rider could safely remove himself from traffic. That was scary.

One of the riders favored being really-close-to the centerline, and I saw his side bag overhanging the centerline. A distracted texting/cellphone-user coming from the other direction also at the line would make for an ugly scene. I try to avoid the centerline and all painted markings on pavement, because they don't provide the same coefficient of friction as unpainted pavement, especially in the wet, or at intersections where sitting vehicles deposit oil, coolant, water, and from trucks, tar and concrete. One reason I don't like riding side-by-side is that in the event of an evasive maneuver, your ability to swerve away is limited by the rider next to you. I much-prefer a staggered formation, if riding in a group.

I also prefer to ride in a checkerboard pattern, but the two guys that I filmed were driving in parallel very often.

Back