September Mod Monkey of the Month contest

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey

Reaction score
Alright all you crazy ass gents and ladies, it is the middle of the month and I have YET to see 1 entry into the contest. I guess no one is interested in winning kick ass prizes provided directly to you by the MMRB:confused2:. If you are up to the challenge post pics of your Max here so we at least have something to judge. This month's winner gets a set of COO frame sliders of THEIR CHOICE from Tom's website, www.cycleoneoff.com , so get the entries started ya bozo's:rofl_200:

Here are mine... My SV needs some love too... You've made me lose my ass on it too.

Oh... And the car...

Damn Monkey!

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00546.jpg
    DSC00546.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 48
Sorry mod monkey, to busy with the first one to come up with a second!

I'm going to post up my scoop directional mod, but I was so damn busy last weekend when I was home I never got a chance to do it. Got a pair of flexible amber LED strips, really thin and almost totally clear when off. Going to put them around the inside perimeter of the scoops, right in front of the grate. Quick connect them into the directional circuit(for easy scoop removal), so a "ring" the shape of the scoop will flash with the blinkers. It'll be another two weeks before I'm home again and can get it done.

Sorry to say, but the faithful dogs have kept the monkey at bay. The only new thing done this year was a Morley's Jet kit ordered. Otherwise the archangel is the same as she was in winter. my idea of winter is snow fall to thaw.

but if you want to get technical, the scoops, tail section, shiftlight (removal of tach), and the headlights were done in 2010.

Attachments

• P1030151.jpg
    P1030151.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
  • P1030168.jpg
    P1030168.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 28
  • KJSMAX_Rear_tire.jpg
    KJSMAX_Rear_tire.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 27
I just installed this pretty blue bottle last month :biglaugh:

Attachments

• P8180310 (Small).JPG
    P8180310 (Small).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 34
I'm going to post up my scoop directional mod, but I was so damn busy last weekend when I was home I never got a chance to do it. Got a pair of flexible amber LED strips, really thin and almost totally clear when off. Going to put them around the inside perimeter of the scoops, right in front of the grate. Quick connect them into the directional circuit(for easy scoop removal), so a "ring" the shape of the scoop will flash with the blinkers. It'll be another two weeks before I'm home again and can get it done.

Great idea!!

New Fatmax chin fairing
Front & Rear LED signallights
HID headlight upgrade
Bolted helmet locks onto my crashbars
LED voltage guage
Fan override switch mod
new clutch & brake levers
Morley Corbin seat upgrade
Soft luggage saddlebags
Joe Rocket jacket
Intercomm system

All since spring....About half done installing. Might make the end of the month..... maybe......don't care......

I got some bits & pieces coming....hope I can get everything installed in time to grab a pic before the contest closes.

BTW, when does it close Monkey....last day of the month? :confused2:

Danny,

Sorry for the delay in response, the contest ends at 8am on Oct 1st. Any pic posted after that time will not be considered.

Having said that, you guys are disappointing, one week left and we have 3 confirmed entries, WTF:ummm: I thought you guys were proud of your "Baby's":confused2:. As you can see from the thread started by Vmaxcruzer we actually pay off on the prizes as advertised. It is not often that the MMRB does anything to support you guys, we tend to like to take money and buy mods for you, but now we are giving away a freebie mod EVERY MONTH!!!!!!!!! C'mon, you folks can do better, we want to see pics of your Max........ Besides how can we make those oh so sweet recommendations for further mods if you don't show us????

New additions to the '98 since spring. Just got back on the road 9/2/10. Tweaked & sync'd the carbs last week . Runs & handles good ! Kind of low for the mountains. Will probably take the lower air dam off for those runs.

Morley's Jet kit
Switch for V-Boost on at 3000 or 6000 rpm
Kaw ZX750 Front forks, fender , wheel , 6 pot brakes , Galfer waves, m/cyl.
Custom powder coated triples by Pierre
Off road headlight w/ HID ( removed c.f. fairing )
Custom mirrors
Kuryakyn grips
Notched ,Braced , Powdercoated swing arm
Kaw ZX750 rear wheel
Galfer waves rear
R-1 rear brake , s.s. line
Michelin Pilot Power 120 / 190 / 55 17s
Acewell Tach / Speedo
Piazzo adj. levers
Kerker 4-1 jet hot coated by Morley & Marios c.f. can
Mercedes black metallic paint
C.F. lower air dam

Spring 2010 ( before ) Fall 2010 ( after )

Attachments

• DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 9-1-10 Pasture pics 042.jpg
    9-1-10 Pasture pics 042.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 9-1-10 Pasture pics 040.jpg
    9-1-10 Pasture pics 040.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Wow Rollie. I was thinking of putting my few minuscule mods down in a post here but after seeing all the mods you did, what a change. I can't compete with all you've done. Beautiful Max BTW..:biglaugh:

Here are some pics of my mods to the Hellion.
New console guages, new hand grips, lisence plate frame, muscle jet kit ,
stainless steel Marks pipes, Monster battery and starter cables, control console (scoop) on tank cover, 170 rear tire five spoke front rim,
5` tach with shift light.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Attachments

• 105_5874.jpg
    105_5874.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 33
  • 105_5873.jpg
    105_5873.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 105_5875.jpg
    105_5875.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 105_5877.jpg
    105_5877.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 105_5800.jpg
    105_5800.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 105_5830.jpg
    105_5830.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 105_5838.jpg
    105_5838.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 105_5895.jpg
    105_5895.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 105_5899.jpg
    105_5899.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Daves V Max.jpg
    Daves V Max.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 29
Thanks Dave , appreciate the compliment. Sometimes when you're half way through a mod , and not riding , I ask why do I do this to myself ? :ummm:

I'll get some pics before the deadline, got bunch of parts P/C, got a new shift light, getting a new seat, cop mod, belly pan, oh ya installing red led lights in the gauges.

Thanks Dave , appreciate the compliment. Sometimes when you're half way through a mod , and not riding , I ask why do I do this to myself ? :ummm:

Ya but when your finished and you take it for a ride, then you know it's worth it and in your case, very nice job and very deserving of the Mod Monkey Award!

Mike

Latest posts

Back