Serial number/bike number placement.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde Porter IV

Reaction score
Is there a coding sequence within the digits and letters that reveal how many came before and after my Bike. Isla is an 07 model

Yes, there are posts on how to decode the VIN, so a search should find that.

If I remember correctly, the numbering starts at 101 so by subtractiing that from the appropriate part of the VIN gives the nth Vmax made that year, this was discussed very recently.

(I'm responding on a smart phone otherwise I'd do the search, much easier to do on a 'puter)

If I remember correctly, the numbering starts at 101 so by subtractiing that from the appropriate part of the VIN gives the nth Vmax made that year, this was discussed very recently.

(I'm responding on a smart phone otherwise I'd do the search, much easier to do on a 'puter)
Thanks and yes as am I on a phone as well. I have been in the garage every night all night almost for a week tring to get these rings made for the family by Christmas.... 99% silver melting and banging away. Arms are smoked and the max wants me to take her out tomorrow lol

If I remember correctly, the numbering starts at 101 so by subtracting that from the appropriate part of the VIN gives the nth V Max made that year, this was discussed very recently.

In general terms that is the case but not always - to be sure you would need to look up the relevant frame number to establish the start number of that particular range.

Latest posts

Back