Series RR Upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbul

Reaction score
Shortly after buying my Vmax, I found 2 of the stator windings were shorted and the RR was also cooked, awesome. So I replaced the stator with an Electrosport unit and wired it to a Shindegen SH775 SERIES type RR. The SH775 is a good bit larger than the OEM so I fabbed this bracket and mounted the RR to it. I have attached the document detailing the benefits this RR. With this RR the additional output of the "overwound" stator is all benefit and and no liability. Works like a champ and will most likely be the last time I have to mess with the charging system on this bike. :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• Shindegen on Vmax.jpg
    Shindegen on Vmax.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Series RR vs. Mosfet.pdf
    881.8 KB · Views: 34
It was a nice mounting spot, required extending the leads from the stator about 2.5', which I'de rather not do but it didn't affect my output.

It is a SH775BA which is used by Polaris on their side-by-sides, PN: 4012941. Some members on the GS site figured out this was a cheaper way to get a series style RR than the Compufire units used by HD.

Latest posts

Back