serious problem with my engine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant stand it anymore. before one year i did a total repair to my engine.
mad2 e 13.000 kilometres.
today something happend and i want to kill myself.
travelling about 60 opened the throttle and my engine felt a little tired to rev up.
when i closed the throttle the needle of the rpm went down faster like it should do and my engine felt like braking more than it should do. pulled the clutched and my engine stalled.
pushed the start button and my starter felt like it had no power to turn the engine. after half an hour pressed the starter again and my engine started normally but after 4500 rpm i here a little metal noise in it.
i have carillo rods and forged je pistons.
my heart and my pocket will not stand to replace them if that is the problem.

does is sound to you a bad piston or rod ???
had a small leak from my clear clutch cover and was missing 500 ml of oil.

i know i will have to open my engine but cant do that right now cause of $$$$
any ideas???

I have no advice for you but just wanted to say i'm sorry to hear of your troubles!! I know you've done a lot of work to your bike recently......I hope it turns out to be something fairly simple. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Drain and strain the oil, look for metal that may lead to a clue of what went wrong internally......

i cant stand it anymore. before one year i did a total repair to my engine.
mad2 e 13.000 kilometres.
today something happend and i want to kill myself.
travelling about 60 opened the throttle and my engine felt a little tired to rev up.
when i closed the throttle the needle of the rpm went down faster like it should do and my engine felt like braking more than it should do. pulled the clutched and my engine stalled.
pushed the start button and my starter felt like it had no power to turn the engine. after half an hour pressed the starter again and my engine started normally but after 4500 rpm i here a little metal noise in it.
i have carillo rods and forged je pistons.
my heart and my pocket will not stand to replace them if that is the problem.

does is sound to you a bad piston or rod ???
had a small leak from my clear clutch cover and was missing 500 ml of oil.

i know i will have to open my engine but cant do that right now cause of $$$$
any ideas???

Is the mechanical noise worse in neutral or in gear?

That would suck dude. Hope it is something simple to fix.

Buy a stock engine & get back to riding.

i open my engine next week . if i have a problem with a bad piston and need to go to a bigger diammeter i will make my engine 1425cc with sleeves, i may do it and 1500cc. I may be of my max for all the summer cause i dont have any cash right now. but dont think will be happy going back with stock engine.
does anybody now the diferences with between 1425 and 1500. what are the + and the -

It will be a spun bearing. Piston will be fine. You'll need to replace the crank (or get it fixed) and fix the rod. The 1500's run better if you open up the chamber on the cylinder heads. The 1428's let the chamber fit without rework.

Sean

Basically you convert the chamber from a closed chamber design to an open chamber design. Simply unshroud the valves.

Sean

Gotcha!
Whats the typical gain in combution chamber capacity?

Pics - ignore the arrows:

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's not really the capacity that is the concern though you will lose some compression. It's the ability of the fuel mix to enter the chamber efficiently.

Yes my friend, I know :biglaugh:

I used the wrong word. Instead typing "gain" I shoulda type "increase".
I understand the more spherical chamber is then more efficiency comes with A/F
mixing and more laminar flow is provided to exhausting gases.

Do you have any pics of opened v-max chamber?
I was thinking about matching the chamber to 85mm piston :ummm:

Back