seriously

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the shiping route on the map and realized that it may be moving around as a result of inertia and gravity and simply seeking the lowest point, which makes sense it is n.w. ohio. kinda like water in a toilet. If it goes to kansas city then youngstown then st.louis before toledo to get here we will have figured out how the usps determins shipping routes.

Thank you, Mr. Wallace. I'm in the shop tonight. I have outstanding acoustics out here - and a nice sound system.

Wonderful suggestion. Probably haven't listened to that tune in 30 years. Currently streaming Blows Against the Empire.

Actually it is. while the usps meets "operating costs" with internal funding, the bulk of its financial responsibilities lie elswhere. The usps has operated for many years at a substantial loss. The real question is, If the usps were a private non governmental business would it survive today? The answer is a resounding no. An opinion voiced by many global business leaders.

The common belief that the usps is self supporting hasn't been true for many years. In 2006 the usps became required to pre fund its retirement benefits to the tune of 5.8 billion dollars per year. If this requirement were reversed the postal service would return to "self sustaining".
While putting retirement benifits in jeopardy.

The pre funding requirement was imposed in 06' amid fears of a growing retirement population among postal workers among other things. To be sustainable postal retirees would need to be put on medicare roles which would reduce the healthcare responsibilities substantially. Another shift would need to be a more responsible investment of postal funds. Currently the usps is limited to special treasury bonds as investment which seriously inhibits investment profitability.

Just like many big businesses in the us governmental over regulation has become the tether to un profitability.83864E5B-2B53-4C1B-8EC4-9D8E4FF55513.png

Last edited:
Nope. Not 1 dime of taxpayer money.

I'll be darned. You are right. Learn something new every day.

But it still runs like a bureaucratic government behemoth. The example above, where a package takes a 4,000 mile round trip around the continent instead of a 300 mile direct route, is not unusual. I realize that there are tremendous logistics involved, but if tens of thousands packages take daily sightseeing trips like this, surely some efficiency and cost cutting could be found.

Back