Shala's custom scoop paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
Shala recently had her scoops powdercoated "Adams over Gold" to match her wheels that she had powdered last year. "Adams over Gold" is basicly gloss black powder with some very fine flake blended in over the top. Her wheels really POP in the sunlight. Then she wanted her custom V4 three layer emblems put back on and maybe a couple coats of clear over all to make the stickers smooth and not subject to accidental damage by a high pressure washing etc., and was discussing doing that with the powdercoater when he mentioned a custom painter might be able to replicate her prior emblems with an airbrush, since he can't clear coat with powder over stickers.

On to his suggested custom painter.

This guy talked her into going a step further. Rather than simply replicating the V4 emblems, and knowing exactly what the scoops were off of (apparently he's been a Vmax fan for years tho his main $$ income is from custom HD artistry), he did this:

Shala's scoop paint 005.jpg
Shala's scoop paint 006.jpg
Shala's scoop paint 007.jpg
Shala's scoop paint 009.jpg
pic of her wheel paint up close before remounting her tires last year.
new powder coat 006.jpg
a pic of her scoop BEFORE with the old V4 triple layered emblems.
new powder coat 011.jpg

The airbrushed idea is to make it appear as if the flaked black is being peeled back starting at the front of the scoops by the mighty power of the Vmax exceleration, and exposing the bare metal rivots beneath.

They look much better in person, and I can't do them justice with my little pocket camera. She loves them.

What do you all think?

...........F%#@ng Mod Monkey.........................

Beautiful, very nice work indeed - the whole bike looks very good.

Embrace the Mod Monkey - Embrace him very tightly so that he stays over there! :rofl_200:

Mike

They look awsome!!...........:punk:...............You characters doing Thunder again this year?................................Tom.

Tell Shala that the scoops look killer, nice update to an already great looking G2!
They look awsome!!...........:punk:...............You characters doing Thunder again this year?................................Tom.
+1 and the Dragon earlier in the week?

HEY!, well are you gonna or not?!?! You said you would think about it, so what's it gonna be, HMMMMM?:biglaugh:

I truly wish we were able to come again this year Tom. We had a great time last year. (Too many great rallies/too little time & money)

Cool, is that the Monster Big Air package?
Yes Danny, that is exactly what it is. I read on the other forum that it's no longer produced.

Tell Shala that the scoops look killer, nice update to an already great looking G2!

+1 and the Dragon earlier in the week?

HEY!, well are you gonna or not?!?! You said you would think about it, so what's it gonna be, HMMMMM?:biglaugh:

I will tell her Brian.

While we won't be doing Thunder again this year, we are planning a trip (on our Hondas) to Hiawassee, GA this year to attend the annual Rune rally there. We'll be riding the Dragon again from there, but on the too-low-to-the-ground Runes (yet again - 4th time). One of these days, I swear, I'm riding the Dragon with one of my Maxes. It's on the bucket list.

I'm being told just now - coming soon:

Matching helmet!

Back