Sheet metal air box cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubicon

Reaction score
Just further proof that if left to my own devices I will putter around the garage until I run out of beer, lol. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and it must flow a TON more air than stock because now the stock jetting doesn't want to cooperate :rofl_200:

20160613_204451.jpg

20160613_204502.jpg

Impressive ! I have seen others similar to this but kudos for doing it yourself and it does look good.Cheers Kevman.

that's basically the same lid Sean sells with his muscle jet kit, me thinks you're going to have a lot of trouble getting it to work right with your stock carbs and if you have stock pipe's it's probably best to go back to the stock lid, kudos to you for trying to improve your Max but they're not like other bike's when it comes to modifying the air intake system

that's basically the same lid Sean sells with his muscle jet kit, me thinks you're going to have a lot of trouble getting it to work right with your stock carbs and if you have stock pipe's it's probably best to go back to the stock lid, kudos to you for trying to improve your Max but they're not like other bike's when it comes to modifying the air intake system

I used Sean's lid as inspiration to build mine. I've got his jet kit and airbox with panel filter sitting right next to the bike. The 4 into 1 exhaust is already done and sounding proper :punk:

I guess it's time to dig into the carbs...which I have been dreading. They really DON'T like the air being fussed with in stock form!

oh cool the your well on your way, I have his muscle jet kit and have been into the carbs ALOT LOL definatly been a learning experience for me lot's of info on here but if you have any question's PM me i'll try to help as much as I can, good luck

oh cool the your well on your way, I have his muscle jet kit and have been into the carbs ALOT LOL definatly been a learning experience for me lot's of info on here but if you have any question's PM me i'll try to help as much as I can, good luck

Many thanks! I've always been a double pumper guy rather than a CV guy so I'm out of my element trying to tune these. Maybe I'll just plop a 4 circuit Demon carb in the V and see what happens, lol.

Many thanks! I've always been a double pumper guy rather than a CV guy so I'm out of my element trying to tune these. Maybe I'll just plop a 4 circuit Demon carb in the V and see what happens, lol.
There's a guy here in Michigan that did that, I saw it at the drag strip seemed to work well so it is possible and when I asked him why he did that he said he hated messing with 4 carbs LOL ( if memory serves me it was a Holly carb)

There's a guy here in Michigan that did that, I saw it at the drag strip seemed to work well so it is possible and when I asked him why he did that he said he hated messing with 4 carbs LOL ( if memory serves me it was a Holly carb)

David K from Michigan but lives here in TN now has a Demon 2 barrel on his.

Don't the supercharged VMaxes run a small Holley?

Now it's time to run some new air scoops. Something like these on top of your faux gas tank. (the scoops, not the carbs)
ClickHandler.ashx
Or these:
MRG-8008_BP.jpg
Or 'old school' Weiand:
wnd-7220.jpg

And there are louvres...

+1, I bought his air box lid and the air correctors along with it. I didnt even try to run without those. Morleys air box, 4-1 Kerker and stage 7 needles that come with it.

I'm at 3500' and found the 150 mains to work best for me and now have the needles on 1-3/4 clip from blunt end. It's a monster but I too have been learning quite a bit.

Back