Shifter Stuck 1985 V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garysgun

Reaction score
I was driving on the highway and made an exit and could not down shift. I made it to the next light and managed to slip the clutch enough to limp home. I did manage to shift it down to second gear but it will not shift any lower?? I was not hammering on the bike and never abuse it at all. The bike did not grind when I finally downshifted and did not lunge meanimg the clutch was not working or dragging. The bike has 16K miles on it and it is the 1st major thing to happen to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gary M. Muskegon, MI

:ummm:

Sounds like a shift segment issue. It is located behind the clutch basket. Got to the "how to" forum and do a search on shift segment. There is a nice thread that details how to replace it with updated parts. Replacement parts are reasonable and the job is not very difficult if you have basic skills.

Contact Sean Morley, he most likely has all the parts you need in stock.

Sounds good to me. I will gather up the parts needed and go at it. I will try to post pictures of the action as it unfolds. Thanks for all the help. Gary M.

Latest posts

Back