Shifty swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
I just retorqued my swingarm and I can shift it back and forth with my hand.....

Pretty sure that's bad.

Thoughts?

You are missing one or maybe both of the oil seal bushings. Look at the microfiche.

Wth!? That sucks. I'll order part 3 and 4 from the fiche just in case. I sure didn't have any extra parts sitting on the ground that looked like either of those things. I wonder where they are and how long I've been without the them.

silly question. Are you turning the left side in all the way first (if that's the original left side bolt), then turning the adjustable right side bolt in all the way WITHOUT the jamb nut on it?

silly question. Are you turning the left side in all the way first (if that's the original left side bolt), then turning the adjustable right side bolt in all the way WITHOUT the jamb nut on it?

I thought I did, but let me go check. I thought the jamb nut should be able to grab some threads. Right now it's pretty much flush with the end of the right bolt. Let me redo it.

Ok. I'm an idiot. I totally thought it used to look like that jamb nut was on there more than it actually is. Everything is tight now. Hope my brake issue isn't as stupid.

Back