Shindy (Daytona) Steering Damper Review

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
overrated, esp on a vmax. haha but at least that'd bring symmetry eh?

anyways if u need any more info on 'em, just holler.

Ha!! I tend to like to turn, especially to avoid going off road at high speed LOL...... I am like the late great Indian Larry in my approach to astetics. The more "mechanical" things look the better. Not much of a bling bling kind of guy, though I do appreciate it, but love the mechanical looks (ie clear covers). Hanging a steering damper off the side looks kind of cool in my book:punk:. Will definately get in touch if I purchase a Shindy! Will want the guideance on mounting to avoid any pitfalls!

yea i liek the side look myself. however with the lower damping settings not being all that affective, a dual sided damper setup could actually work well, if not better than one.

yup, no problems, glad to help out anyway i can.

But then if you're gonna buy 2 Shindys you're spending almost as much as for a HyperPro..

Anyone here has a HyperPro and can tell us if all settings are useful?

02Moneypit has one on his 02. It is a sweet little unit for sure and has more settings than you can imagine. This is just like anything else you can go big or save a few buck and get a wee bit less performance. It is up to the individual.

great job on the review! looks like i'm gonna go with the hyperpro rsc. wont be on the bike till after the winter here though. i purchased one already from the guy i got the bodywork off in the uk-unfortunately he ripped me for all the parts except the bodywork, $1800 in parts total. no recourse and no refund, total loss from a total scumbag!!! if you think one hyperpro is expensive-pay for it twice lol. i'll post up results when they're available

later odieoh24

i still can't believe u got into that shitstorm. i imagine the hyperpro works better, but 2-3x better? no idea. didn't think it was worth it (for me at least) to find out.

Garrett, i bought a shindy daytona off craigslist... no instruct5ions. are you able to mount this different than on the side like yours?

you could mount it in a variety of ways but they would require custom brackets. if you need the brackets i think you can get them from the guys I ordered my parts from. the 43mm fork ones are pretty common, its the frame bracket thats custom to the vmax. the instructions are in the zip file in my first post if u wanted to read them...

Great info you guys, and photos. Thanks for the information- I think a Damper and a fork brace are both in my Max's future.. One step at a time though..

WOW, forgot all about this thread. I ended up going with a HyperPro damper, got a SCREAMING deal on one that had the packaging opened and was missing a part, that the manufacturer replaced free of charge no less. Highly recommended, tons of adjustment, tight fit, looks great.

ridersview.jpg
I had mine for 8 years & I can tell u a damper does help.BUT!! if wheel balance & tire ware are not right,the thing will still wobble.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back