Shinko 011's - Found 4/10!! In stock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please clear this up for me?

I saw a post on here or it may have been on FB where Amazon had Shinko 011 Verge Radial Rear Tire - 200/50ZR-18. When I checked it out they did have the tire listed exactly as I have it here but the Speed Rating toward the bottom was "S" which is only up to 112 mph if I am correct. My question, does Shinko make this same tire with different speed ratings? Thanks in advance.

I saw a post on here or it may have been on FB where Amazon had Shinko 011 Verge Radial Rear Tire - 200/50ZR-18. When I checked it out they did have the tire listed exactly as I have it here but the Speed Rating toward the bottom was "S" which is only up to 112 mph if I am correct. My question, does Shinko make this same tire with different speed ratings? Thanks in advance.

On Shinkos site they only have one tire available for our size.

FYI Looks like the US Suppliers just got a shipment I ordered a set from ebay. Chapmoto has some as well.

Last edited:
On Shinkos site they only have one tire available for our size.

FYI Looks like the US Suppliers just got a shipment I ordered a set from ebay. Chapamoto has some as well.
Just ordered mine from Chaparral. They were showing they had 2 before I ordered.👍

Last edited:

On Shinko's website the 011 Verge in 200/50VR18 has a "V" speed rating (149mph) which is fine. IIRC, the speed rating test is at maximum load, maximum tire pressure, for one hour. So, unless you plan on running over 150 MPH for more than one hour continuously, you should be okay. I can't recall hearing about a single Shinko tire failure due to excessive speed.... "your results may vary".

On Shinko's website the 011 Verge in 200/50VR18 has a "V" speed rating (149mph) which is fine. IIRC, the speed rating test is at maximum load, maximum tire pressure, for one hour. So, unless you plan on running over 150 MPH for more than one hour continuously, you should be okay. I can't recall hearing about a single Shinko tire failure due to excessive speed.... "your results may vary".
Thanks for the reply. After seeing the "S" rating on the Amazon site I did check out Shinko's site and saw that only one tire in that size was offered and it had a "V" speed rating. Also after seeing that Chaparral had some in inventory now, their website also showed a "V" rating so I felt comfortable that the 149 MPH was accurate and ordered. I have no idea why the Amazon description states a "S" rating even checking it again earlier today it is still showing the "S" rating. I do not plan on running that speed for that amount of time but do plan on topping it out on occasions at over 150. Thanks again for the heads up.

I'm sure it is a typo.. there is so much wrong on Amazon.

I bought some USB cables the other day. They were not what I wanted. Couldn't understand how I made such a simple mistake. When I went back on the description said USB C to C the picture was USB A to C which is what I wanted.

Bought a nice multi tool a while ago.. Went back to buy another and there was a picture of a BBQ grill so who knows what would come :)

Back