Shinko tyres

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Warwick

Reaction score
gday all new to site I’m in OZ looking for info on Shinko tyres for my 86 Vmax

gday all new to site I’m in OZ looking for info on Shinko tyres for my 86 Vmax

There’s posts on here with the info your looking for. On stock wheels, the Shinko tire is a very good alternative. The tour masters l believe is what I ran last in my stock wheels. I went up a size front and rear, most of us do. Takes a little patience getting the rear tire back in, and will look extremely close but it’ll be just fine. Hope another reply comes soon, for more information for you. The forum has been sort of dry lately

Thanx mate i’m Currently running Michelin commander 2 on rear, but it’s starting to step out, and not a lot of wear

I like the Tourmasters for price and grip. Not the best milage but that is the trade off. The 170 will fit fine in the back and looks good but i did loose a few mpg with it. Next change i am going back to the 150. Up front i run the 110 but it has been said the 120 fits also.

The OEM front wheel works best with a 110 width tire. The 120 will fit. But most guys I know end up ditching the 120, after trying it, until they get wider wheels. I 've seen a 180 in back on a stock wheel, but the same situation, it doesn't wear right or ride good. 170 is a good compromise in back, on OEM wheels.

Shinko tourmasters are an excellent choice.
Ive been using shinkos . On my 85. For the price .I would purchase again.

Shinko tires. On sale here in US through Indiana company... Just bought a stock size set for $133 shipped with tax

Screenshot_20201116-095610_Facebook.jpg

THAT is a deal. Be hard to pass up if you needed tread.
The tires on my bike are 7 and 10 years old so I definitely needed new ones. Was going to wait until spring but had to score this deal.

Ordered yesterday and they arrived today... Like MAGIC!! 20201117_155146.jpg

I run a 180 Shinko on the back stock rim. Just put a Shinko Tourmaster on the front. Good tires. I've been through about 4 Shinko rears so far. I think I get them from a seller on eBay for around $85 with free shipping.

Reactions: SDB
I run a 180 Shinko on the back stock rim. Just put a Shinko Tourmaster on the front. Good tires. I've been through about 4 Shinko rears so far. I think I get them from a seller on eBay for around $85 with free shipping.
How many miles are you getting on these Shinkos?

Latest posts

Back