Shinko!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen - the new VMax' started by Mighty, Jun 22, 2020.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

1. Jun 22, 2020 #1

Mighty

Mighty

Mighty

I know this isn't the tire section, but I wanted to reach more riders. I just installed new Shinko's on my bike and can't believe the transformation it made. I've never experienced such a dramatic change on any bike I've ever had and the number is close to 50 over the years by a simple tire change. Steering is super light and the ride has improved 100%. Before, expansion cracks and imperfections in the road jarred me somewhat. Now I barely even notice them. Unless the bike shop adjusted my suspension while they installed the tires, the Shinko's were the reason.

Great price on an awesome tire. Now, let's see what kind of life I get out of them.

Itgoes and TN_Max like this.
  2. Jun 22, 2020 #2

TN_Max

TN_Max

TN_Max

Nice! I just put a set of 011's on my 2017 and they feel good. I do have a balance problem in the front, noticeable over 100mph, bought some balance beads but haven't had a chance to put them in...busy with everything else! :)

Itgoes likes this.
  3. Jun 22, 2020 #3

why2kmax

why2kmax

why2kmax

I just put the same on my bike a few weeks ago. 1000 miles on them now and they have completely changed the bike. Granted most of the transformation was going from the 240 rear back to 200, BUT the ride quality handling and everything is soooo much better.

Itgoes likes this.
  4. Jun 26, 2020 #4

mattness

mattness

mattness

vmax on worn tires feels like a fking pig. new shinko tires it feels like a sport bike. I agree no other bike ive ever ridden felt so different with new tires on it.

Itgoes likes this.
  5. Jun 27, 2020 #5

Zeus36

Zeus36

Zeus36

I run Shinko Tourmaster 180s on the rear. I just put on a Tourmaster up front and it does feel more solid.

6. Jun 30, 2020 #6

texas-ss-tornado

texas-ss-tornado

texas-ss-tornado

I just put a Verge on the back of my 2015 and it made a big difference, love it!

7. Jun 30, 2020 #7

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Here was my first ride on the Shinko Verge 011's, 7 years ago when they were new to the market. They felt great and as you can see it didn't take long for me to violate the speed limit by 2x. That was all I ever used after that on my 09.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020

Draft saved Draft deleted