shitty MPG?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I've gone through about 4 tanks of gas since I picked up Mr. Max and each tank only gets about 100 miles before that dreaded little red light comes on telling me I need gas. Is that horrible for a Max? It seems to me that it is seeing as I'm seeing other people getting like 150 miles on a tank.....what could be wrong?

Stock intake/exhaust causing it? Or is it out of tune?

I've gone through about 4 tanks of gas since I picked up Mr. Max and each tank only gets about 100 miles before that dreaded little red light comes on telling me I need gas. Is that horrible for a Max? It seems to me that it is seeing as I'm seeing other people getting like 150 miles on a tank.....what could be wrong?

Stock intake/exhaust causing it? Or is it out of tune?

I had a bone stock '07, and never managed to even get 100 mi. from a tank. Ever. :confused2:

100-130 miles till reserve is about right depending on state of tune and riding style - hard on the throttle = hard on gas - fun tho!

Mike

Well since the bike is still new to me I guess you can say that I MAY have been a little hard on the throttle.......but can ya blame me?

Good to know though that nothing is wrong with my tuning isn't out of whack

100-130 miles till reserve is about right depending on state of tune and riding style - hard on the throttle = hard on gas - fun tho!

Mike
+1 to the fun! The farthest I went was 132 mi but that included using some of the reserve. I live in a area with few gas stations so I may fill up at 50~90 miles on a tank depending where I'm going. At one local one I get 30+ cents off/gal so I always go out of my way to go there(only 7 mi from home). I use the 100 mile mark as my goal of when I need to get gas.

I get 30+ cents off/gal so I always go out of my way to go there

you lucky bastard....how the hell did you manage that one? And can you teach me how to get 30 cents off per gallon???? lol

you lucky bastard....how the hell did you manage that one? And can you teach me how to get 30 cents off per gallon???? lol

My light comes on at 108-110 miles, hardly ever varies. Your 100 is right in line with most others.

I think the 30 cents off/gallon is a talent, not a learned thing. You either got it, or you don't!....................I don't!! :rofl_200:

LOL, It's a group purchase thing.......OK, Ok...here's the real scoop; My tribe owns the gas station and I get a discount.:punk:
It comes out of the profit margin, but they still are making money on me too! I guess they have to pay the help and keep the lights on somehow.
So I can't teach you how to get the discount, unless you want to form a group, buy a gas station, and then give yourself a discount. :confused2:

damn that sounds like a good idea!
do I have to wear a towel around my head and grow a long hairy beard to own a gas station though? Cause I can't grow a beard.....and towels won't stay on my egg-shaped head.

Well since the bike is still new to me I guess you can say that I MAY have been a little hard on the throttle.......but can ya blame me?

Good to know though that nothing is wrong with my tuning isn't out of whack

I'd say that mileage is awsome! When I first got my Vmax, I'd routinely turn the red indicator on at 85 miles. Every time. I also never got even 2500 miles per back tire either, but I guess I may have been showing off all the time by squeaking the tire at Sonic every trip around the cruise.

I did manage to grow out of that phase and now get over 100 miles before the red light comes on.

You're fuel milage is right. I've never seen a bike that the fuel milage varied so much. I rode to Charlotte NC to see the new Vmax 2 weeks ago and went 165 miles on a tank. Took 3.7 to fill up. Yep almost 45 mpg. Fuel light came on at 140. Lots of back road 65-70 mph cruising. If I get out and ride it the way it was intended to be ridden my fuel light will be on by 85. My friends Royal star tour deluxe got 43 mpg. WOW more fun and more MPG, GO VMAX!!!!!:th_image003:

You're fuel milage is right. I've never seen a bike that the fuel milage varied so much. I rode to Charlotte NC to see the new Vmax 2 weeks ago and went 165 miles on a tank. Took 3.7 to fill up. Yep almost 45 mpg. Fuel light came on at 140. Lots of back road 65-70 mph cruising. If I get out and ride it the way it was intended to be ridden my fuel light will be on by 85. My friends Royal star tour deluxe got 43 mpg. WOW more fun and more MPG, GO VMAX!!!!!:th_image003:
MINE IS " EXACTLY " THE SAME WAY ! :punk:

Latest posts

Back