Shock length

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfd1350

Reaction score
What length of shock are riders using to gain more clearance and enhance handling. I come from a sportbike background and would like to improve the handling of my Vmax.

You could get the same effect by dropping the front i.e. reduce the caster angle.
Whilst this will give faster steering it will also make the bike less stable. It depends on your point of view if this is an improvement.

To improve the handling you need to make changes to the suspension and frame rigidity.
1) Replace the OE front springs with either progressively wound or fixed rate items. Fit Racetech Gold Emulators.
2) Replace the OE rear shocks, which ones depends on depth of pocket.
3) Fit 17" wheels and radial tyres.
4) Fit frame braces or solid mounts - choice depends of depth of pocket, aversion to slight increase in vibration, opinion on aesthetics of frame braces, ease of fitting.
5) Bracing around the swinging arm pivot and swinging arm.

Do that lot and you will have a bike that will handle good enough for most folk.

Thanks for the info. The bike is currently set up for drag racing so I will be raising both front and rear. Are the stock rear shocks 13"s in length?

Or fit 18's (some of our Carrozzeria's). Depending on your current setup we may be able to help do some trading around. Stock rear length is 13".

Sean

Latest posts

Back