Shocks used for 3 INCH stretch swing-arm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedcostsmoney

Reaction score
looking for the shocks people use from another motorcycle when then add 3 inchs to the swing-arm,

Depending on location of the shock for length , you still need a good quality shock. I have a Works Performance Street Tracker on the Blue '90 with a notched & braced swing arm. Lots of adjustments and built to take on the load of a Max. I use Progressives 430s on the notched & braced swingarm of the Black C.F. '98 Max. :punk:

Attachments

• Rollies '90 Blue VMax Rear R-1.jpg
    Rollies '90 Blue VMax Rear R-1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC03094.jpg
    DSC03094.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 47
Depending if you have the mounts moved rearward +3" then you will either lower approx 2.5" with stock 13" length shocks or get longer to offset. We sell ZRX shocks which are 14.25" long which ends up at 1.5" lower.

If we use the 2.5" offset bracket then that puts you only changing height approx .500" lower with whatever you currently have.

We have other shocks which can even be adjusted for length like the Penske's (though they are NOT cheap).

With my 3" stretched/ braced swingarm I used 13" Progressive 440's with lower mounting points moved 2.5" forward. Using HD springs for full on touring mode with saddlebags/ top case/ dry duffle bag for camping gear. In everyday riding I use stock progressive springs.

With my 3" stretched/ braced swingarm I used 13" Progressive 440's with lower mounting points moved 2.5" forward. Using HD springs for full on touring mode with saddlebags/ top case/ dry duffle bag for camping gear. In everyday riding I use stock progressive springs.
I've got a similar setup to Brian but my shocks are 12.5"

Ill 2nd the 430s, I weigh 245, the progressive 430s give the best ride for the lowered look but some travel too. I have my lower shock mounted in the one-up rider position which lays down the shock angle to get the need for that stiff a shock. They look cool too.

Attachments

• 20150816_133559.jpg
    20150816_133559.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 32
Back