Short Lived, but I guess I should consider myself lucky

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear the news, but glad your alright. It could have been much worse.

I'm happy to hear that you are OK! Heal up and let's get a look at the bike once you are able, maybe all's not lost. It sucks that you had this happen to you and your new to you '05, I feel for ya bro!

Man.....that really sucks bro, glad you weren't hurt badly. What are the chances of that happening on your first ride? Wow!

I have this discussion all the time with people about idiots on the road now-a-days. I will not commute to work anymore on a bike since I bought my pickup truck and can now see what everyone is doing in their cars in the morning. Eating, texting, reading, putting on makeup etc., in fast moving traffic.....it's F'n crazy.

Make sure you do not have any whiplash injury. My neck is F'd from an accdident 25 years ago.....I refused medical attention (tough-guy you know) and I'm paying for it now.... big time.

Hope everything works out for you, take care.

Man, this is F'd Up... Very Happy You're OK. Press the issue of anything that's wrong and if she had insurance you might be able to replace the
bike with a Gen II or 2 or 3, Gen I, 05's:clapping:Justice.....

I had one bad bike wreck at 16 YO. in 1992, My Wife and I were rear ended by a 16 YO Prick in his daddy's company van. It totaled my Sons
Buick Apollo and us. In 97 I was hit head on by an 83 YO who missed the turn to his Dr's Office. I was in my 25th Anniversary Mustang.
Essentially totaling it. In 09, we were rear ended by another teen age Prick in our Ford Explorer. Totaled it too, he was doing 75 in a 40
and said he "Zoned Out".:th_biggun:

God, I hope I never look in the bike mirrors and see what you saw. It'll probably be the last thing I see...

My 2 biggest fears are oncoming left hand turners & being hit from behind.The bike is just material.The only thing that matters is that your OK Eman.Ive seen drivers looking down in my mirrior too.Makes me nuts:damn angry:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Bro. Glad you are ok. Another bike can be had, or anything fixed, just not always cost effective. Many don't get to walk away from a back ender.
In my state, it is illegall to text and drive. Not that it slowed them down any from doing it. The phone rammed up the drivers *** is too good for them as a penalty. You see it all the time anyway-texting that is.It's tough to enforce. There should be a number to call when you see texters, cop stops them, checks the time they texted on their phone. If it can be proven they were driving, then a nice fine or the previous, drivers choice. One less accident avoided. Or, one ruined I phone. ACLU all excited.
Steve

Last edited:
It sucks ass your bike is fucked up, but in the big scheme of things like sdt said, it's just a bike. A hunk of metal. It can be fixed or worst case, replaced. While I suppose you'll never have a #11 Limited again, there are plenty of Max's out there looking for a good home.

Think of it this way.....your bike is damaged. You go to the dealer, get replacement parts, and spend a few hours/days using tools to replace them. It sucks it costs you money(though insurance should get it if not totaled), and your time to repair it. In the end, the bike is essentially good as before. Should the frame be twisted, the head stem cracked, ect, you just get a new one. While I know we all have an emotional attachment to bikes, you'll get over it.

Now, your spinal cord is damaged. A tiny cord of nerve cells was pinched, and now you can't walk right. You can't take a drive down to the local dealer and pick up a new spinal cord. And even if you could, I imagine self-installation would present some challenges. You have tremendous pain, a crippled body, and no way to fix it yourself. Your best bet is to pay someone else an exorbitant amount of money for a chance to fix the problem, or in some cases, none at all.

Which seems worse? A totaled bike and OK body is infinitely better than a crippled body and OK bike. One of my friends encountered the latter...slid out in a corner, bike sailed off the road, fell over in some grass, and was essentially undamaged. He slid into a tree and broke his back and is now a paraplegic. I bet he would have traded his bike for his spine.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I realize the fact that I came out better than most is the thing I should be most grateful for. Also, I realize the bike can be fixed or replaced. It just sucks is all. Only got 5 miles on her and no more. I don't even know if I want to see the bike now. I can tell you this though...if they go to total it, I will be buying it back. The engine runs awesome in this thing. Who ever tuned it up did one hell of a job. Hell, I didn't even get a chance to opn her up to see what she could really do. Oh well, easy come easy go I guess.

Eric

Was gonna suggest trying to buy it back, a rear end hit is infinitely easier to fix than a frontal. When you're up for it, go check her out, take some pics, we'll do all we can to help you get #11 back among the living!

Man that sucks but glad you're ok. What a friggin nightmare just getting you new bike and having that happen. Keep us posted on the outcome of your bike.
Mike

Dude so glad you are ok!! That story is the last thing any of us ever want to hear or tell. I had a friend that was in the exact same ordeal, only when the little girl (that was texting her friend that she was turning into the mall LOL) That was her text!!! She didnt just bump him she hit him while he was at a dead stop and knocked him into cross traffic at the light. He would have lived except for the concrete mixer truck that dragged him under. The police didnt even ticket her!!! Nothing pisses me off more than stupid people in cages with cell phones!

Now there is a law here in Texas that texting and driving will get you pulled over and ticketed AND if you cause an accident during this stupid behavior you get to go to Jail for negligence, loose your license and get dropped by the insurance company. You came out for the best in the situation bro...It could have gone the other way. Bikes can be repaired or replaced we cant. I would talk to an attorney and try to sue her personally on top of the insurance claim.

Ouch that sucks bikes can be replaced but we cant your guardian angel was watching over you on this day!

Wow. I'll just echo the rest of the sentiments here, and say that I'm glad you got away (relatively) clean. Hope this doesn't deter you from riding in the future.

Yep, glad you are apparently OK as things could be worse, much worse. Reading others'stories on similar accidents or friends' accidents, for now you did OK, let us hope you do not have any long-term situations down the road.

Hope your forensic bike exam shows it is capable of repair. Even if you have to get a new frame, still repairable.

MAN o MAN!! meeting the bad end of an irresponsible cager so close to the start of your maiden voyage :th_scared:. that's gotta be the worst bit of luck. so happy to hear that you are ok, i hope you find a way to make the cager pay for the repairs or replacement.

Latest posts

Back