Shorted battery to coil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tequilamike

Reaction score
Hi all, first post on this great forum...have fixed my two Maxes using info from here but I have just done something stupid and wonder if you have any ideas....I disconnected the battery just now for the winter here in Sweden and managed to short the positive terminal to the coil with the screwdriver in doing so ! Fuses all seem fine but no power to anything when I turn the key...If I push the starter, the two red warning lights for fuel and oil come on but nothing else happens ! What is likely buggered if I short the left coil to the batery with a few sparks ?? TIA

PROBLEM SOLVED, THANKS ONE2DMAX.

Last edited:
Did you check the Main fuse (which is under the seat near the positive terminal to the battery). Also, is the bike in neutral with the green light illuminated? Run/Stop switch in the normal position?

Did you check the Main fuse (which is under the seat near the positive terminal to the battery). Also, is the bike in neutral with the green light illuminated? Run/Stop switch in the normal position?
What a dumbass I am...I left it in gear !! I automatically assumed I had blown a coil or something serious...Thanks a lot, once again this forum helps me out...Embarassed of Sweden..

Hey, the fact you posted a problem, and it turned-out to be something simple, takes a bit of bravery to risk ridicule from some people who 'never make mistakes.' Or, who won't post theirs. Rest assured someone from this time will have a similar problem, and if they use the search function and find your dilemma, you will have helped them solve their issue.

Latest posts

Back