Show us your gauge setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about this...
emydavyb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I think I would be concerned about electrical gremlins riding that in the rain.
I bet the wiring harness looks like a vampires nest.

Too many things on that fairing, would be way too distracting for me. Then again the auto pilot function on the right hand side would take care of the paying attention part.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That thing drives itself... You just call for it like Kitt. And the driver is Mr Sulu...

Please....Davesax36....tell me this is a joke...I gotsta know!!:eusa_dance:

It's not a joke. I'll find the thread in the next couple days. He's got details of the how and why he did it all IIRC.

Found it sooner than I thought I would.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/show...t-of-the-bag&p=3593586&viewfull=1#post3593586

that should be about post #85 where the explanation starts. It't totally nuts.

And I'm done jacking this thread. I'll post pics of my own gauges when they're fit for public viewing.

Wow, love that dash setup! Great work Miles!
Thanks, Tex. I've got some questions re that HID thingee that you did to your headlight. I'll PM you eventually. Just not happy with the lumens output of stock wiring to 7" round Hella conversion headlight to stock 60-55 watt bulb. Sucks big time. I'm going to try the relay conversion first, but not expecting too much improvement from that.
Cheers!
You'll see a little improvement with the relay and while it's not a night and day difference it will be better. Anything is better than stock!
I have a 55W HID but not installed yet kinda waiting for the first of my $12 for 2 - 55/100 Ebay bulbs to burn out! It has been 3 riding seasons still burning brightly, I think the spare one will probably go first just from being carried along "just in case". They have out performed and outlasted the Silverstar bulbs I purchased previously.

Look what I found... I even have this GPS in the closet as well as a newer one that's similar. This would be a sweet mod.

Attachments

• Dash GPS.jpg
    Dash GPS.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 157
You guys are killing me with all your awesome ideas! I've owned my first max for 9 days after wanting one for over 10 years. I promised my wife (and myself) that I was going to get it in good running order and enjoy it this season is its current state. The geek in me wants to load it up with instruments and nav. I'm going to have to put myself on a time out now. That integrated GPS looks sweet!:bang head:

--Bill

I'll sell you mine for $100... I'll even look for as many cables as possible.

Sorry, the Monkey was here holding a gun to my head making me type that.

Posted with my thumbs.

Back