Show us your gauge setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koso rx1n and the stock vmax tech up and running together.

The koso matches the vmax tech dead on when running.

All gauge lights working, I had to set this setting in the koso gauge to 2C - 1P and this setting to HI - ACT to work with the vmax rpms. I have the round koso rx2n, like the look of the smaller rx1n for my vmax.

Man I went to ignition box, 1# coil spark wire trying to a good single nothing work until I change koso gauge setting from 4c - 4p lo - act to 2c - 1p / hi act. now running of the gray tech wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UG-gCGeXvY

Attachments

• vmax koso lightup 023.JPG
    vmax koso lightup 023.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 66
  • vmax koso 5.JPG
    vmax koso 5.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 84
Everything is tapped on the existing wiring of the stock gauge? Just wondering how much pain it is to install.
Having COPs, I always worried having issues with the rpm reading.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Everything is tapped on the existing wiring of the stock gauge? Just wondering how much pain it is to install.

My fake (china) Rx-2n is just bolted on with the stock tach gray wire. It works fine with COPs.

thanks for the info, my cams have been regrinded by schneider cams last year, I was told to shift at 11000 for racing at the drag strip been shfting 11000 rpm this summer at the track.

Aren't there more mods than cam grinding required to safely rev to 11,000? Valve/springs, etc? Hopefully Sean will chime in on this.

You should be ok using the vmax tech gray wire in stead of running of the coil.

I have the China 1 to thats like koso RX1N, you have to buy the 1 that use the magnet to get US miles per hour from China.

I hook the China 1 up to. But like the koso much better lighting and I can set a 1/4 mile run, And 2 tech setting for shifting, speed warning setting, and a few more.

I have a new China gauge I will be selling with 2 magnet drive cables and to magnets never install. And a koso RX2N never install new just put up to the bike to see if I like the look.

Attachments

• vmax koso china.JPG
    vmax koso china.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 46
Aren't there more mods than cam grinding required to safely rev to 11,000? Valve/springs, etc? Hopefully Sean will chime in on this.

The heads been shave ported polish flow test valve job.... higher compression than stock.

I been running the bike through the summer shift at 11000 rpm all day long.
bike runs 10:10 to 10:05 in the 1/4 mile with out the sissy bar.

Attachments

• vmax drag race 1.JPG
    vmax drag race 1.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 84
  • vmax drag race 2.JPG
    vmax drag race 2.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 65
You have a pic of it, how it looks on the bike? Pretty nice unit.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Just wondering how much pain it is to install.

Provided you can understand a wiring diagram, have some basic electrical skills and get one function working at a time then it is straightforward.

This can cause issues but the Koso RPM filter will sorted it for me.

It should be fine then.
Never heard about the Koso RPM filter. Is it embedded in the unit?
I only saw those with the motogadget units.

In the future I will try the chinese rxn2 or something a bit smaller. For the price it is worth trying.

Re-did paint on dash and switch panels, this time using flat black wrinkle finish (to reduce glare)
Also added Boost and Emergency switches, which were previously mounted on handlebars.
Cheers!

Attachments

• Dash and switches.jpg
    Dash and switches.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 147
Wow! That is a great setup Miles.
Thanks, Mike. The dash config.(like other aspects of the bike) has evolved over the years, with the intent being to wind up with the most practical layout....cosmetics being a secondary consideration. I think I'm done with the dash.
......then again, some of that digital stuff is sure nice.......

Wow, love that dash setup! Great work Miles!
Thanks, Tex. I've got some questions re that HID thingee that you did to your headlight. I'll PM you eventually. Just not happy with the lumens output of stock wiring to 7" round Hella conversion headlight to stock 60-55 watt bulb. Sucks big time. I'm going to try the relay conversion first, but not expecting too much improvement from that.
Cheers!

Wow, love that dash setup! Great work Miles!
Thanks, Tex. I've got some questions re that HID thingee that you did to your headlight. I'll PM you eventually. Just not happy with the lumens output of stock wiring to 7" round Hella conversion headlight to stock 60-55 watt bulb. Sucks big time. I'm going to try the relay conversion first, but not expecting too much improvement from that.
Cheers!

I went that route which was an improvement from stock however nothing compared to the HID setup. If you plan on getting it from DDM tuning order it 6 weeks before you want to get started since it ships from Asia. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to jump in and share my HID experience. I ordered the Hi/Lo 35w kit from DDM tuning. It was ver cheap, $31 and was worth the risk sine my Vmax had the stock headlight and it sucked. There are only 2 wires to plumb, a fused hot wire and a ground, all other wires are plugged into the different parts of the kit. Plumbing the wires were easy as I stuffed the relay and ballast on top of the Front cylinders under the gage pod. Once installed, the difference insight and day. I also ordered a set of their switchback led lightbulbs to replace my front signalbulbsand they are just as awesome as the HID. They have 60 LEDs that are white during the running light and switch to Amber when the turn signal is activated and back to white afterwards. I'm not good with wiring stuff but this was easy and is a dramatic improvement. Everyone comments on how bright and easy to see my headlight is now.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Back