side mounted license plate?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
anyone know where you can find these for the vmax with a brake light and license plate light? i searched the web and cant find max specific ones that i like. do any of you have any tips or tricks for this mod? i have seen some on maxes and i think they look sweet.

I've never seen one that was Vmax specific, only owner modified. Or the ones that attatch to the axle.

I know Tim has one, maybe you can IM him..Check Cycle one off too, I think they make one

turbovmax (gary) had one at one point too, if you can get ahold of him best of luck to you.

We have a ton of different plates available. Most will maybe need the axle hole enlarged. I even have one simple one available on the "sale" section of facebook and our Muscle section in this forum.

For plates we have available you can download the huge catalog from:
http://www.midwest-mc.com/

I can send you the retail price sheet which you would get approx 15% off of. Email me for more info. [email protected]

I've always liked the axle-mounted plates, but don't license plates legally have to be illuminated? That's an issue I'm not sure of.

Thanks.

Elimax

The plate has to be illumintated if you drive at night. This can be a simple bolt with lighted head (they make these and many auto parts stores) or even an LED shining on to the plate from higher up (like off the fender).

Some states do have problems with sidemount plates.

Sean

NY is one of them, since technically it's not visible from either side of the bike like it has to be. I suspect they're probably illegal in most states for that reason, but like the "novelty use only" helmets, one of those bike laws that goes largely ignored except for the worst of the "johnny law" cops, when it's an excuse to pull you over, or write tickets at a checkpoint.

Texas is one state that the side mount license plate is leagal but the tail light must be 15 inches from the ground. That might be anoher state regulation you might want to check on.

I've always liked the axle-mounted plates, but don't license plates legally have to be illuminated? That's an issue I'm not sure of.

Thanks.

Elimax

yes they have to be illuminated, i would be willing to bet in every state. summit racing sells these nice lighted bolts: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEI-030309/

you could probably find more like them all over the net.

Custom Dynamics has a few options. Scroll down and you can see a single light for vertical plates or "tag bolts". Either are under $20.

If you plan to use LED signals and don't want to put resistors in the wiring and want to keep the indicator light in the gauge pod they sell a good ELFR that will do the trick. You will lose the auto cancel function though.

http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm

thanks, thats good to know.

i would probably end up like one guys user name on here and be a .....cop runner......lol

It's not too hard when you're riding a Vmax. PI Crown Vic's can just touch 130 on a good day with a tailwind, and they take ages to reach that speed so outrunning the po-po isn't tough. Only had to actually dash once, usually they don't even bother.

Vmax makes a hooligan out of anybody....heaven knows why.....:confused2:

NY is one of them, since technically it's not visible from either side of the bike like it has to be. I suspect they're probably illegal in most states for that reason, but like the "novelty use only" helmets, one of those bike laws that goes largely ignored except for the worst of the "johnny law" cops, when it's an excuse to pull you over, or write tickets at a checkpoint.

Not sure about that RA....I got pulled over a couple years ago with a vertical side mount, the guy wanted to see the lights, which were led acorn nuts.....I clicked them on and he let me go. :confused2:

Back