Sidecover paint colors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I am going to paint my side covers. Right now they are aluminum on top and black on the bottom. I'm going to paint the black part aluminum. Is the factory aluminum paint color pretty much the same as a spray can aluminum, or is it different. I also got to thinking the color might be called silver.:ummm: I'm trying to match a 1993 factory side cover.

Tim

The side cover silver is actually anodized silver, at least it was on my '92. I originally had the upper part painted red to match the "tins" that I had repainted. I'm going a different direction this year and just using the rattle can(krylon brand) method painting it myself. I'm using a clear to cover it and it's turning out well.
If you going to paint it with a rattle can you probably have best results if you repainted the whole side cover then you have to worry so much about exact color matching.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 20
What I think I'll do is take the cover to the store and try my best to match it with a color chart. If I don't like it, I will take your advice and paint the whole cover. Thanks
Tim

Latest posts

Back