sight glass

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.maxx

Reaction score
where can i get a sight glass lens for the clutch master cyl??

TIA

I got one off ebay that you fit yourself. It was a bad idea. :bang head:
I'm going to JBweld a dome plug into it instead.

There was someone who you send the cylinder to and they fit the window. Apparently that works.

Years ago I used a watch lens glass I bought from a supplier....you have to seal it with an O ring and sealer or you can buy a master in crappy condition and press it out..done that as well

I got one off ebay that you fit yourself. It was a bad idea. :bang head:
I'm going to JBweld a dome plug into it instead.

There was someone who you send the cylinder to and they fit the window. Apparently that works.

when you did they ebay one....did you seal it with black rtv???

There was someone on the UK vmax sight vmaxchat.co.uk ? that had a hook up for the correct diameter watch crystals that worked perfectly. I never tried it but that is what they were saying

G

thank you :punk:.....i just rebuilt the MC and noticed the window is a lil soft....i can still see thru it enough to check the fluid....but im more concerned about leakage. ill get a new lens and change it out some time when i get bored:rofl_200:. thanks agin for the info!!!

Thanks much Steve and Mike and everyone else. My master are looking like crap after just a few seasons. I'd like to P.C. the masters and switch housings soon.
How about clear epoxy to cement the glass in?
Steve-o

i redid the ones on my 85 v65 with black rtv. i used a toothpick to put a small amt right in the corner crevis. never had any issues afterwards.

Back