Signature identify

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chug4life

Reaction score
This signature was on it when i bought it but i have no idea on origin, tried a few bike shops but no answers does anyone have any idea?

Attachments

• 20210724_092057.jpg
    20210724_092057.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 36
WOW!! Been asking around since I bought it, ( I'm 3rd owner) not even youtube could help but all of you answered in less than 15 min! Maybe i will pick up the phone and try to call so cal speed shop. Thank you for the info!

Attachments

• IMG_5716.jpg
    IMG_5716.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 14
A good reply.

Going to the stateofspeed.com site for the Jimmy Shine article, I bet I'm the only person on here who recognizes the yellow car, without googling it. I never saw the Discovery show they spoke of.

Yellow vintage racer.jpg

This was a literal, 'garage-built' car, which put it to the foreign competition for many years, from a very-humble mish-mash of parts, backyard engineering at its best.

Last edited:
Form follows function. Allan Girdler wrote about this car, and others like it, 'back-yard specials.' One of the great motorsports/motorcycle writers. He toured Europe on his own Harley-Davidson XR-750, which had to be a lengthy experiment in masochism.

Allan Girdler-American Road Race Specials.jpg

Latest posts

Back