Silly Emblem Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaXXX

Reaction score
Looking at VMax pics yesterday and noticed the tuning forks emblem a 2nd gen's intake. As my '09 has the star emblem I figured Yammy must've went back to the forks after shuttering the Star division.
Then I noticed the tuning forks on my own rear fender. Since I snagged that part off eBay I wondered if the older bikes like mine might've had the star on the fender.
Just curious if any Star-era max owners see the star or forks on their rear fender.

From what I've seen, it appears that all Canadian bikes were marketed as Yamaha with the tuning forks while the American bikes were Star products. I've had an 09, 16 and now a 15 here in Canada all with the tuning forks. I could be mistaken, but I think that you'll find that is where the difference comes from.

From what I've seen, it appears that all Canadian bikes were marketed as Yamaha with the tuning forks while the American bikes were Star products. I've had an 09, 16 and now a 15 here in Canada all with the tuning forks. I could be mistaken, but I think that you'll find that is where the difference comes from.
Interesting and I can see that happening. There are examples of subtle badging variations between CA and US BMWs.

The odd thing is that they still market Star products up here. My Venture TC is a Star line bike. Here is a shot of the marketing poster from the 09 release of the new Vmax here in Canada.

Attachments

• 20210712_084703.jpg
    20210712_084703.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 16
I prefer a custom badge 😎

Attachments

• DA5C3DBB-E01F-49B9-904F-E6C30A4E08C0.jpeg
    DA5C3DBB-E01F-49B9-904F-E6C30A4E08C0.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
Back