Simple Horn wiring question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
Ok, I've got 2 new electric horns that I want to mount on my Max. From reading many threads I'm planning to add a hot wire to the positive battery terminal (which is a pain to access) with a 30 amp inline fuse. This will lead directly to the horn relay. For the negative on the relay I will run a wire that is connected to the frame. It looks like the horns can be grounded to their mounting bolt so do I need to bother running a negative wire ? I'm planning to use the wires going to the stock horn to control the relay. Let me know if I'm about to make a mistake and thanks in advance for any help.

I bought two Fiamm horns, one high tone and one low tone; I removed the factory horn and mounted the two horns below the radiator, one by the left crash bar and the other by the right. As far as wiring, I just soldered two pairs of wire onto the original horn wiring and plugged them onto the horns. It's pretty surprising how loud these horns are compared to the wimpy factory horn.

Frank:
Use a relay and you will be surprised at the (further) increase in volume!

Latest posts

Back