• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Single black supertrapp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
I am looking for a single black supertrapp. The exhaust that is on there now is in my opinion nasty looking! It's a two brothers carbon muffler. I guess I will buy new if I have to but figured I'd check here first. I prefer a low mount, kind of low profile look.
Thanks guys

I am looking for a single black supertrapp. The exhaust that is on there now is in my opinion nasty looking! It's a two brothers carbon muffler. I guess I will buy new if I have to but figured I'd check here first. I prefer a low mount, kind of low profile look.
Thanks guys
Not aware of a single but Kyle has a set on vmaxparts facebook.

Does anyone know the ID size of the exhaust? I'll probably just take mine off to measure just to be on the safe side. I don't do Facebook, what's the guy's name on here?

Last edited:
Not sure of the Supertrapp size but my 4/1 UFO is 2-1/2". Do you have a 4/1 Two Brothers now? It sounds like you prefer a 'sidewinder' style exhaust, great for drag racing, but not good for the street, as the megaphone is too-low and too-close to the ground.

'CaptainKyle' on here for 'that guy,' from Tx, was in FL, now in TN.

The Vmax specific 4" Supertrapps won't work on an after market pipe without some modification.
They are too small (1.5 " or 1.75" inlet size: IIRC).
And they come in a set of 2, one for each side, but it sounds like you have a 4 into 1 system so you only need 1 can.

Don't know off the top of my head what size the two brothers is. And yes it's a single, this is the only picture I have right now. I'm working nights and won't be home until 730am Ca time tomorrow. You can kind of see it in the background

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I feel like a lot of Vmax exhaust systems look like a dirt bike system. Also don't particularly want an exhaust that is so high up.

I'm guessing it's either 2-1/4" or 2-1/2". You could probably measure the O.D. and subtract 1/16" and be pretty-close.

As long as your can isn't welded to the pipe (which it shouldn't be), why not just pop it off and measure the pipe I.D. size ?
But Fire-medic is right measuring the O.D. and subtracting 1/16" to 1/8" will get you close.

And a lot of the can's used on a Vmax do look like sport bikes exhausts.
I personally like the look of my Black Supertrapps better than most cans.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Right-Front-Side-view-833x571.jpg
    Right-Front-Side-view-833x571.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 32
That's what I'm looking for! What exact supertrapp safe those? This picture is for fire-medic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
I'll take it off on Thursday and measure it. Working 13hr days plus commute time doesnt leave much time for my little ones and sleep! 7 on 7 off schedule is pretty nice though!

Forgot to mention that there is nylon heat wrap on the whole exhaust so I can't measure the OD

Can some contact Kyle (the guy blackmax is talking about) and get some info on the exhaust he has? I'm not on Facebook. Or have him contact me on here?
Thanks guys!

Sorry, his are two black pipes.
Message him he may still have something- he is under CaptainKyle

Thanks for the pic, PM sent.

The Supertrapps pictured are the 4/2, I believe. The 4/1 which would fit your pipe has a different configuration widening end 'bellmouth' than the 4/2's sport. This is a 4/1 Supertrapp canister for the 4/1 off my FZR1000.

attachment.php

That's what I'm looking for! What exact supertrapp safe those? This picture is for fire-medic

Attachments

• FZR1000 Supertrapp SS 4-1 canister.JPG
    FZR1000 Supertrapp SS 4-1 canister.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 26
I guess the 4-2 would be fine. At least it would look balanced. Black is actually the ones I want!

I found the 4-2 black at JCmotors for $429.49 and free shipping! I'm actually only 30 or so miles from them but free shipping..... Might as well! Going to wait and see if Kyle gets back to me or not. Hopefully he does.

I found the 4-2 black at JCmotors for $429.49 and free shipping! I'm actually only 30 or so miles from them but free shipping..... Might as well! Going to wait and see if Kyle gets back to me or not. Hopefully he does.
PM him at CaptainKyle.
Sorry. I guess you did.

Back