Single disc in front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Here's a question you don't hear every day.

With the stock Max being notoriously short on stopping power, you might think I'm daft but I'm considering dropping to a single rotor when I upgrade my rims because, well, if you spend 2K+ on rims, you'd like to SEE them.

Has anyone run a single up front before and can provide feedback on braking stability?

A friend here did that after his 300 rear wheel conversion. It's a big ass bike and he doesn't wind it up too often. I would recommend Galfer rotor and a 6-pot caliper.

:biglaugh:Dude the way you ride you need all the stopping power you can get.:biglaugh:

If you do go single I second what Mark said and add EBC HH pads with the FJR masters.

I also run a single rotor on the front. I have Performace Machine custom wheels and I have no problem with stopping power. I put a bracket on the back wheel so I can use a front 4 pot caliper on the back so now when I buy brakes I just have to but a set of front brakes and it does front and backView attachment 24250

Sent from my iPhone 4

Last edited:
Zombie thread... Next time you go to church you better go confess yourself... LOL im still laughing on your little cat and mouse adventure...

i was reading some of Morley's posts saying that with 6-pot busa setup you could get away with a single up front

We have recently used a single rotor and 320mm rotor with a custom adapter. Also, I have used the single rotor and caliper on a custom wheel but with the stock rotor size. Braking was marginal with the stock calipers. Much better with the 6 piston though still not as good. With the big rotor it's about equal.

Sean

I also run a single rotor on the front. I have Performace Machine custom wheels and I have no problem with stopping power. I put a bracket on the back wheel so I can use a front 4 pot caliper on the back so now when I buy brakes I just have to but a set of front brakes and it does front and backView attachment 24250

Sent from my iPhone 4

Performing a 60 to dead stop test will show you brake power is not so good.
You can post the result here and we will be a fair judges, I promise :biglaugh:

I'll never use single side rotor. And im running airbrushed dymags and soon to be taylormade... When i want to stop i want to stop!... Not slowdown...

Just adding my experience here. Got my bike with stock wheel, R1 rotor and caliper single set up on the right hand side (same side as rear brake) and stock master. Grabbing the brake lever was like grabbing a block of cement with very little travel and poor braking. Too much master cylinder fluid volume I think. Went back to two R1 rotors/caliprs and FJR Master with the rearview mirror set up and am much more confident. Now I feel like I can modulate braking to the edge of traction loss with confidence and the feedback to do so on a repeatable basis. Oops, also have braided two line set up instead of the one braided line. Do you you wanna look good at bike night or kiss the back of minivan? Your choice.

Latest posts

Back