Single side vmax front

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
I tried to look around for the thread that had a single side front for a vmax but i didn't find it. I did find the manufacturer of that setup along with other pics of another vmax as well. Here they go...

www.riwi.at

riwi-v-max.jpg

riwi-vmax-1.jpg

vmax-neu.jpg

vmax-rightside.jpg

vorderrad.jpg

vmax_vorne2.jpg

vmax_vorne_1.jpg

vmax_rechts_1.jpg

vmax_links_1.jpg

Awesome work & concept. However , would you want to be on it , w.o.t. in 4 th gear ? I personally would not .

The 1-sided fork thing was a bit of a fad among mountain bikers for a while. But it was just that...a fad. When they started breaking and flexing people realized maybe they weren't such an awesome idea.

The big claim was that they were lighter than a traditional fork, but in practice is was a fairly small difference, and not worth the extra cost and durability issues.

Guess it's a neat engineering piece, but just because something can be done doesn't mean it should.

Guess it's a neat engineering piece, but just because something can be done doesn't mean it should.

+1. it is the "engineering art", the imagination, vision, and "out-of-the-box"ness that i admiringly celebrate with this piece. i agree, the result doesn't flow and in all practicality, historical applications have shown that the item isn't so practical. but just like that other thread that discussed the "modernized" bonny, i enjoy the artisan's skills and effort that (s)he put into the making of the piece and consume it as a work of art, not necessarily judging the end result (as fugly as it is) as something to drive around. shit with out "extreme ideas" forged into a metal frame or body, we couldn't have the beautiful machines that we drool over. just saying. peace. out.

Phuket-One-Arm-Monkey.jpg

The one armed Monkey may like it though???:confused2::confused2:

There's part of me absolutely loves it, but the rest of me is trying to hold down my dinner.

I think I know which part is winning.....

Back