Site final works great!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed you Barry. But I thought you'd become stuck up since you bought the new bike. That, or maybe just busy with your properities since it's summertime...
Didn't realilze you were having site problems.

Be sure to give a shout out if you ever wander to the north part of the state.

I actually have one issue with the new site: as I'm typing now, the box I'm typing in keeps jumping up and down the screen at regular intervals, I think it may have to do with the changes of the banners at the top of the page.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Using Firefox 22.0 on Mac OSX 10.7.5

I actually have one issue with the new site: as I'm typing now, the box I'm typing in keeps jumping up and down the screen at regular intervals, I think it may have to do with the changes of the banners at the top of the page.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Using Firefox 22.0 on Mac OSX 10.7.5

It is not doing it for me but I'm not using a Mac. Hopefully another Apple user will see this and chime in.

Apple user here and I see it as well. I believe it is more related to the browser than the OS. Under Safari, the banners seem to display correctly, however under Opera, and apparently Firefox as well, some of the banners fail to load which shifts the entire page up.

Could you possibly insert a table into that area with a fixed cell height and place the javascript that cycles the banner ads into the table? That might give you the ability to preallocate space for the ad, even if it does not display. It will keep the screen from shifting up and down every couple of seconds.

It does it in chrome too. It is the ads either failing to load or being slightly different heights. I ended up adblocking the entire area of the page so it never renders now. Not preferred because I like to support the site, but the forums being jittery as hell finally got to me.

I think it's really the fact that the banners are different sizes. Would it be possible to make sure they all are the same pixel sizes?

I think it's really the fact that the banners are different sizes. Would it be possible to make sure they all are the same pixel sizes?

I'll take a look into resizing the banners.

Here's how I rate this VMF site compared to the other VMax sites out there.....
site operation - :ten_out_of_ten:
graphics - :ten_out_of_ten:
people that participate here - :ten_out_of_ten:

Thanks Gary for all your efforts to make / keep it that way ! :worthy:

Cheers ! :icon_jook:

Latest posts

Back