Site is VERY slow loading!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentsee

Reaction score
What happened allo of a sudden this is the only site out of many I visit that seems as slow as dial up holy crap!!!!It's painful!!!:bang head:

I used a free program that goes out and checks all the DNS's that I see when at home and it tells you which ones are faster. You take that info and put it into your computer so it looks at the faster ones. It's surprising how much faster it makes the web pages appear. Download time of the page doesn't increase however.

I have posted on here a way to make FF faster to load a page. Make sure you do it. It helps a lot IMO.

Chris

Guys, try Google Chrome ...
I use it for quite a long and I won't use anything else anymore.
FF or IE can be so slow sometimes...

I'm using internet for my job like 10h per day :)

But slowness is not only due to your browser but most of the time from your internet line (slow bandwith, DNS too slow)

I agree P but today it's hauling ass! This tends to be the slowest forum I belong to. It's been pretty decent lately though. This is at work where we have 4 T1 lines coming in which is usually slower than home but it's been pretty good now.

Chris

Well I do not have any "hyper speed" I'connection, just 1mb. Its just fine for the typical internet user. There was a time, about half year ago when this forum was very fast. Its started to lagging from that day.

Dunno whats happened...maybe Buster mess with something LOL :biglaugh:

I gotta say, for me some functions have always been slow. Clicking on 'New Posts', and then opening any new posts, there's always quite a delay until the page shows.
Going back one page is almost instant, replying is usually quite fast too.
This is on many different hi-speed net connections, work, home, friends etc..

I've tried all kinds of things to make this site faster!But I guess I'm gonna have to use some old fashioned PATIENCE LOL!!!I love this site so I guess I'll just have to wait for the pages to load

I've tried all kinds of things to make this site faster!But I guess I'm gonna have to use some old fashioned PATIENCE LOL!!!I love this site so I guess I'll just have to wait for the pages to load

I don't know why, but at times Internet Explorer and this forum do not get along. Also what skin are you using on the forum?

I use IE at work and home and have used firefox without issues. My computer is my old gaming computer but it's nothing special compared to the new hardware available now vs. 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Back