site very slow?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry barker

Reaction score
Is it just my computer or has the site gotten very slow for others also? It takes about a minute to go from one page to another. I am not having this issue on other sites, so i do not think it is the computer, but then again i am kinda computer illiterate. :ummm:Thanks, Barry

Is it just my computer or has the site gotten very slow for others also? It takes about a minute to go from one page to another. I am not having this issue on other sites, so i do not think it is the computer, but then again i am kinda computer illiterate. :ummm:Thanks, Barry
I was having the same problems for a few days, Barry. Minutes to load up, minutes to go forward to different pages or forums, but it would backtrack as fast as usual. And no problems with other websites.
Then suddenly this morning......Presto! Everything back to normal. Hope this is your experience as well.
Cheers!

four things are normally the matter:
1) you computer's reached its capacity of cache efficiency and effectivity. clean out your browser's cache, and/or reboot the machine. however, if you can pull up and interact with other sites, then this is prolly not the problem.

2) your router/modem is in a confused state because it couldn't resynch with your ISP after it released and renewed the IP address that was dynamically allocated. reboot your modem/router and your computer.

3) the forum's server is experiencing technical difficulty. nothing you can do about it. hop on your max and head for the hills.

4) your ISP is pushing packets through a backbone whose routers have them caught in hop eddies. hard to prove to your ISP and its partners and therefore other than using a proxy site, there is nothing you more you can do. refer to #3's solution. this happened to the floridians not but a few months ago. the situation cleared after a few weeks.

ninjaneer; - "your computer's reached its capacity of cache efficiency and effectivity. clean out your browser's cache said:

- "your ISP is pushing packets through a backbone whose routers have them caught in hop eddies.
"

DANG, Barry!
This is exactly what I wanted to say in the first place. That pesky Ninjaneer beat me to it. Win some, lose some.............:bang head:

I keep getting a pop up that says there is a script on this page causing internet explorer to run slowly........

Ra I saw a bike today I thought you might like except it was new, a CB 1000 I think it was, 2012 in matte black. I sat on it, felt like the seating position on an FZ 1 & highly styled. Don't care for the matte look, if I am buying something new I want it shiny! About 120 RWHP supposedly so comparable to a good Gen I but much lighter. That would move your packets right along!

Saw a Motorcyclist (I think) article, 106 RWHP on their dyno.

Last edited:
Ra I saw a bike today I thought you might like except it was new, a CB 1000 I think it was, 2012 in matte black. I sat on it, felt like the seating position on an FZ 1 & highly styled. Don't care for the matte look, if I am buying something new I want it shiny! About 120 RWHP supposedly so comparable to a good Gen I but much lighter. That would move your packets right along!

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::clapping:

ninjaneer;[/I said:
- "your computer's reached its capacity of cache efficiency and effectivity. clean out your browser's cache, and/or reboot the machine. however, if you can pull up and interact with other sites, then this is prolly not the problem."

- "your router/modem is in a confused state because it couldn't resynch with your ISP after it released and renewed the IP address that was dynamically allocated. reboot your modem/router and your computer'.

- "your ISP is pushing packets through a backbone whose routers have them caught in hop eddies. "

DANG, Barry!
This is exactly what I wanted to say in the first place. That pesky Ninjaneer beat me to it. Win some, lose some.............:bang head:

That's easy for Ninjaneer to say! I think solution 3 works for me.
The site is running a little better this morning. Thanks,

Hey, I did mention "packets!" :biglaugh:

Attachments

• CB1000.01_2012_06_21.zip
    123.4 KB · Views: 3
  • CB1000.02_2012_06_21.zip
    134.5 KB · Views: 1
try this as some "exploratory surgery". go here: http://d4c1vxoqutq.qjtv.e/browse.php?u=aHR0cDovL3ZtYXhmb3J1bS5uZXQ%3D&b=31

basically this link takes you to the forum through a proxy. the forum will be partially crippled. if the forum reacts faster than what you are currently experiencing, then somewhere between your computer and the forum server, your packets are getting caught up in a hop eddy. what i mean by this is that, some cluster of routers in your ISP or one of its partnering backbones is having issues forwarding packets; echoing them to each other instead of pushing them out of the cluster. imagine kayaking down a river and you come up to a cluster of rocks or boulders. behind the rocks you see the water current doubling back on itself causing a miniature whirlpool (i.e., eddy). your requests for forum information and/or the information being returned by the forum server are getting sucked into this anomaly--they eventually make it out, but only after an annoying delay.

do you have a smartphone? if so, how is the forum response on the phone's browser?

Last edited:
A hop eddy doesnt sound that bad if you like beer, but in a network it sucks. The proxy link worked like it should, much faster. How do i get it fixed?

Thanks

as another fact-gathering exercise, try using the forum's static IP instead of the URL by clicking this link: http://69.27.101.36 if your speed returns than the DNS server that your browser is configured for, is having issues. I highly doubt that this is the issue, but if you do find success, continue using the static IP until some pimply-ass, high-school, summer intern is directed to reboot their server.

if after trying to use the static IP, the response is still slow, then unfortunately i can only offer consolation and condolences. there really isn't much you can do except bitch at your ISP; and this will more than likely end with their tech support dismissing it; because let's face it, even after you humor their instructions to repeat the clearing out of your browser cache, rebooting your computer and networking equipment, using the static IP address AND explain to them that you experience better performance by going through a proxy server; they aren't going to bring down their farm simply because one of their customers can't access one motorcycle forum. if you do manage to convince your ISP to reboot their racks, but in fact, it wasn't their routers that were embedding misinformation for the next hop, rather, the problematic router(s) lie(s) in (a) cluster(s) outside of your ISP's jurisdiction, your hope for a speedy recovery just ran into a brick wall.

don't misunderstand me as saying "don't bother". DO complain with your ISP and inform them that you are having problems interacting with the forum, but be prepared for their "whatever" response.

in the meantime, continue using that proxy link that i posted until some acne-faced geek trips over a power cord; or use another web proxy. the site will appear crippled because you won't be able to take advantage of some of the site's advanced coding such as java scripts, applets, or whatever is being used. there is an art in knowing what options to use--something that i never had the patience to learn.

like i said previously, a few of the Central Floridian members here who use Brighthouse Networks as an ISP experienced this very problem a few months ago. the issue disappeared after a week or three. I managed to pinpoint the eddy somewhere in the northeastern CONUS, but identifying which M/LAN is next to impossible with my meager toolset; and without the evidence allowing me to confront any ISP with "Hey, please reboot Rack X because there is a blade in there looping packets with so and so, here's the proof"; I had to access the forum through web proxies, periodically checking on sans-proxy access, until the problem cleared up.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Last edited:
Probably some Mideast nation is having "vmaxforum.net" unexplainedly-appear on their supersecret high-tech physics servers, and is wondering, "is this the cyber assault we have been dreading?"

Rebooted modem, router, and computer. Deleted the temp internet files, still very slow. Any other ideas? Thanks,
Even though Ninjaneer's suggestion were all plausible, reading the details of your issue would point out that only #3 could have been a possibility, the others just wouldn't make sense since other sites were working fine.

IE does store static data (aka browser cache), so if there is any corrupt static data, it could easily make the browser run slow or hang when viewing the page. Clearing the browser cache (most importantly) and then cookies and history (to a much smaller degree) would be logical to try:
If the browser window open: close all pages and preferably be viewing a blank page, then hold down CTRL+SHIFT and press DEL to quickly access the related settings. Alternatively, you can use a free app like CCleaner or ATF-Cleaner.

Have you changed your browser settings recently? Have you installed any browser add-ons, toolbars, security apps that might be causing issues with at least this site?

Have you tried another browser to see if the issue was pertaining to IE (or version of IE you have) or if it was indeed something with the site? Try Google's Chrome or Firefox with the following add-ons: Adblock Plus and NoScript (then enable vmaxforum.net from its list so the actual site/domain is allowed always). Here is a list of what I use (you obviously may not need them all but I highly recommend NoScript, WOT and Adblock plus):
addonsu.png

Of course there is always the possibility that you picked up a malware and it is effecting your overall browser/system performance especially when it is under heavy load but I would focus on the other venues first.

Back