Skully Helmets...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, but how many will sell for $1300? I think the price will come down as they are mass produced. I'm sure China will jump on this.

That is cool, they should just sell the camera and electronics as a kit to fit to your own helmet.
Cant believe its taken this long to get something like this, although it could become a bit of a distraction?

That's pretty pricey, but there are guys who have 3 or 4 $500 helmets, so the cool factor might pull them in. If I had the funds and it FITS I'd buy one.

Even if I had the funds to blow that much on a helmet, I wouldn't buy it because the Founder and CEO seems like a total douche.

I put myself on the tester list almost a year ago. I will eventually buy one of these because I'm a gigantic gadget nerd. The HUD will appear that it is projected out in front of the user on the road and have full 180° rear view. I know for me personally it wouldn't be too different from the multitasking of operating a car with HUD or the way fighter pilots utilize HUD tech. My nerd boner is off the charts with the release of this tech to a consumer market.

A Piece of History

Original Skully Prototype, Only $25,000 bucks. Yea, that's the one I want L:rofl_200:L

+1 "Original ...prototype" .. only "4 in the whole world"?

How does that work? :ummm:

They did raise 1.1 Million out of a goal of 250K though.. :confused2:

That is cool, they should just sell the camera and electronics as a kit to fit to your own helmet.

+2

I got a helmet with the Bluetooth, so I already have ability for music/ phone calls/GPS.. the calls are very clear actually, people on the other end don't even know your on a bike. Very cool/convenient.:punk:

As far as the skully, I personally wouldn't pay 1300 for one.. But it's one of those things that will sell if no other reason, just because its expensive. (that method works on a lot of people)

Mine was like 369 new, and I got it on sale for 160..if I remember correctly.(well, my girl got it for me as a gift) ;)

ymmv

That's pretty pricey, but there are guys who have 3 or 4 $500 helmets, so the cool factor might pull them in. If I had the funds and it FITS I'd buy one.

I know guys with $500 MOTORCYCLES. :biglaugh: Doubt they'd put more in a helmet than they did their bikes. Cool idea, though - just a lot of cost involved in fitting that technology into a helmet, and until somebody decides to mass-produce these they will stay $1300. It's not like they're trying to get pig rich out the gate with them, they just have a lot of money tied up in each one they make.

Back