Skunk dog does it again!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I hope this doesn't become an annual occurrence! 'Bout 0100 Remi wanted to go out for a pee and had another run in with El Stinko....not quite as bad as last year but still spent the night with burning eyes.

Smell seems pretty well cleared up this morning....or maybe we're just getting used to it....:confused2:

Poor Remi, great dog. Try the old tomato paste and lemon shampoo, then Alpha Kerry bath solution rubbed on her coat. The vet told me the Alpha Kerry was good for their skin and coat. She'll smell great.

IMO, plain ole tomato sauce or paste works the very bestest, but DO NOT FORGET to treat Remi's collar to the same treatment, or you'll likely have just a hint of the "mint" hanging in the air around the house for weeks trying to figure out where the whiff is coming from.

Ugh, not fun. Looks like it is a time for you to go skunk hunting to hopefully prevent future occurrences. If you are precented by law from discharging a firearm for such purposes, remember bows are silent :)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

It doesn't appear she got a direct blast as the smell is pretty well gone.

Discharging a firearm is not a problem back here in the woods, I hear shots all the time. In fact a couple years ago I heard a full auto rapping off 5 shot bursts....there's a bunch of retired NYC detectives living around here and I figured it was probly one of them....I have no problem with a locally owned machine gun, gives me comfort actually. Shit hits the fan, I'm gonna grab my AK, a couple 45's and head for his house! :biglaugh:

I got a box trap an then you can shoot him with a 12 gauge while in the trap stand back about 40 ft an he also wont piss in the trap and no damage to my trap. If he returned he has a den close by i think i may have another one i use cat food or marsh mellows for bait. He got my boxer Ca$h twice last year. good luck

Dump a bottle of peroxide, a few tablespoons of baking soda and some shampoo in a bucket. Mix it up and bathe your dog with the mixture and the stink will be all but gone.. Much more effective than the tomato juice.

Yeah I've tried it many times, I've got a dumb dog!

Dump a bottle of peroxide, a few tablespoons of baking soda and some shampoo in a bucket. Mix it up and bathe your dog with the mixture and the stink will be all but gone.. Much more effective than the tomato juice.

Yeah I've tried it many times, I've got a dumb dog!

I think that's what the groomer used last year cause she asked me to grab up a couple bottles of peroxide on the way to her shop....and yeah, it worked great!

Latest posts

Back