Slide diaphragm rubbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blujay

Reaction score
I pulled the carburetor slide covers off to do the "Shotgun" cleaning procedure and found the slide diaphragm rubbers are begining to fall apart. I found some replacement rubbers on ebay and was wondering if anyone here has changed just the rubbers on the slide assemblies. It sure would save a chunk of change over buying the complete slide assemblies. TIA

My Vmax is an 85, I got it off ebay in Nov. and have ridden it a total of fifty feet, that was when I pushed it off the trailer and coasted it into the garage. It had been sitting in a hangar for quite a few years so I've been doing all that fluid, tire, brake, battery etc rejuvenation stuff so that maybe I can at least ride it around the block before I get old. Jay

some people will tell you the are all made from same place just another tag on it, the diaphrams i think is a different case? i dont know some guys have used them on this board but i think my feeling and the census is to stick with the yamaha oem ones. they are expensive as shit!, here is a link i found from a boat store that has them pretty cheap. maybe talk with sean morley to see if he can get you a better deal. never mind on the boat place the price went up since i checked last i guess? here is another i found. maybe google the company name to make sure they are ok. i have never ordered from the cruisers plus website. good luck -Rob-

http://www.morleysmuscle.com/ [email protected] <-- email sean morley

http://www.cruisersplus.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/14/products_id/3433

Yea I've yet to hear from anyone who's managed to successfully replace just the rubber bits using those from fleaBay.

Sean's your best bet as he may have some s/h ones for less than new price, otherwise it's down to having a look at the links here or on the VMOA site for stealers who offer us a discount - you really want the Yamaha parts on this one.

I contacted one guy on ebay selling those.
He told me they work well but they are not the same quality than the OEM.
Those are usually only made of rubber vs the fiber+rubber of the OEM.

I had to change mine and I got the OEM based on the advice of Sean and some guys here.
For sure it's pricey but at least you're sure of what you get.

Back