slide diaphram assembly in pieces? ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash9765

Reaction score
Hey guys I just was just starting to take my cards apart and when I took my diaphragm cover off the spring came out and the diaphragm was in pieces. The the boot was not attached to the slide. Boot is still intact no tears or rips. Anyone know if there is anyway to fix this or is it supposed to be like this? Thanks for any help.

Hey guys I just was just starting to take my cards apart and when I took my diaphragm cover off the spring came out and the diaphragm was in pieces. The the boot was not attached to the slide. Boot is still intact no tears or rips. Anyone know if there is anyway to fix this or is it supposed to be like this? Thanks for any help.

We may have a terminology issue here Crash....the diaphram is the rubber part I believe you are referring to as the boot. If the diaphram isn't attached the silde won't move the needle in the needle jet. That's pretty weird! Can you take a couple pics of what you have so we can see it?

We may have a terminology issue here Crash....the diaphram is the rubber part I believe you are referring to as the boot. If the diaphram isn't attached the silde won't move the needle in the needle jet. That's pretty weird! Can you take a couple pics of what you have so we can see it?

That is exactly what is going on. The slide wont move when I give it gas. Ill get some pics

heres a pic
2011-10-09_12-58-26_308.jpg

cant it be epoxy back together dan? think thats how it comes apart?

think there is a thread about taking apart the slide to chg the diaphragm, need to look at that one.

Kind of unusual for one of those to come apart....most of the time they're a blue bitch....anyhow, you're ok Crash, nothing's broken. Like the guys said, epoxy, or maybe a little gorilla glue and you'll ba back in bidness. Be a little careful with the gorilla glue tho, it expands and could crack the slide.

Pay attention to the surfaces of the rings, they may have a grove or recess on one side...that's to help retain the diaphram....and make sure the diaphram is facing in the right direction. Wouldn't hurt to take one of the others out to study.

Missed most of this thread. Glad it's not broken, looks like it's in good shape for the repair. Good Luck....

Just got back from a test ride. All is good. Thanks for all the help. This has been driving me nuts for weeks. Thought it was bad fuel first, then something in the ignition, finally go to do the shotgun cleaning and find this.

The factory Epoxys these together.
Yours failed.
Before you reassemble, make sure steel insert slides freely into plastic tube.
I use a dremel tool with a steel wire brush tip.
The Epoxy holds it together.
If your steel insert is to tight, taping it together WILL BREAK THE PLASTIC TUBE.
Been the done that. (new is 100.00 - 150.00)

Make sure the weep hole on the needle side of tube is in the down position.

Back