sliding fork tubes in trees?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bciuc

Reaction score
Does it effect handling for better or worse sliding forks up 1-1.5 inches, want to lower, also looking at 11 inch shocks, in the near future ill be changing to 17/200 rear tire, will that work with lower rear shocks

Thanks Eric

I think it makes the steering faster. As far as handling, I'm not sure if it is better or worse, just different.

I LOWERED MINE 1 INCH 8 MONTHS AGO , DID'NT FEEL ANY DIFFERENT , I DID'NT HAVE ENOUGH HOURS ON THE BIKE TO NOTICE , BUT MAN IT LOOKS BAD ASS ! AND THATS ENOUGH FOR ME ! "LOL", CHECK IT OUT IN MY ALBUM .:punk:

I lowered mine 2" with a spring lowering kit, rear shocks stock atm. Also added dragbars, it has made a more comfortable sitting postion (also added 1 - 1.5 " lowered Morley Muscle seat). It handles a lot better IMO or maybe the changes just gave me more confidence. Lot easier to roll up to a stop sign, stop, and then go w/o putting feet down.

Front end of mine is a total of 2.5" lower in the front wit stock rear height - much better steering response and handling at high speeds. But everything else must be right first, head bearings, swingarm bearing, solid motor mounts, etc...

As far as 200 rear tire with 11" shocks - tire is gonna rub the fender and shock travel will be minimum, therefore needs to be pretty stiff so not to bottom out.

Mike

I lowered mine exactly 1". It gave me better gas mileage because now I'm always going downhill. :biglaugh:

when you slide them up do they keep themselves pretty much even on their own or does it take some tweeking?I'd like to lower mine a little in the front to see how it feels.Thanks

when you slide them up do they keep themselves pretty much even on their own or does it take some tweeking?I'd like to lower mine a little in the front to see how it feels.Thanks

Takes a little tweaking to make sure they are even, not a lot.

Latest posts

Back