sneak peek

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Shot another Bikesponsors.com video. Now just doing some post editing.
Only three things left on this winter's list.
  • Finish fabrication and install of my nitrous system
  • Stretch swingarm 6"
  • Install clear cover set

It's nice that I'm now wayyyy ahead of schedule.
Here are some sneek peeks at the latest configuration.

Attachments

• P1040065.jpg
    P1040065.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 79
  • P1040062.jpg
    P1040062.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 72
  • P1040064.jpg
    P1040064.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 73
Nice setup KJ, I really like your speedo/tach (what is and where can I get one?) also like the finned faux cover. Saw one that had LED's in those and it was cool as hell. I'm finally getting my knee guards cut (I cut one so far) I went with the flame design that you gave me the idea for. Also, what is that other white square thing mounted to the handlebars? Is that your camera mount or a GPS or what?? Anyway, it looks badass. Great job.

Busier than a flight deck!

I like the louvres and the instrument pod looks like it belongs there. The VMX12 on the rear fender is sublime.

That thing is just plain tough. I could see Mel Gibson jumping over a dune buggy with it :punk:

Thanks for the complements guys :) I'm thinking it will look better when I put the clear water pump, stator, mid-gear, and clutch covers on.
I added some foam around the Morley airbox so that it will have a little bit of forced induction thing going on. I was going to go with a scoop, but I started liking the louverd one.

Nice setup KJ, I really like your speedo/tach (what is and where can I get one?)

The Speedo/Tach is a China knockoff. I got it to work, but haven't tested out the speedo portion yet. It reads only in Kph. When I get a break for Thankgiving I'm going to put the bike up on the lift and manually spin the front tire to see if it works well or not. The other thing mounted on the bars is my GoPro and ram mount.

Looks great KJ!!! But, its your winter project and its almost done before winter even gets here!

I totaly dig the insterment cluster, is it temp / oil press / voltage? How would I go about doing that to mine? I have experience with fiberglass , but metal. Also did you need special adapters or fittings for the triple gauges? Thanks for showing us all what the potential can be!!!

Very Thunderdome for sure....excellent work! Love the toned black theme.
Just one thing - the bottle distracts from the look. Do the Hazardous Materials
gods permit painting? I suspect not.
Could the bottle be hidden? Will the stretched swingarm free up any space above the tire/below the seat?
Cheers

Looks amazing man.:clapping: Do you have the Kerker exhaust in black too?

Looks amazing man.:clapping: Do you have the Kerker exhaust in black too?

Thanks :) It's chrome up to the midpipe, then it's black up to the muffler. Then it's brushed aluminum w/chrome tips.

p1030647oqy.jpg

hey KJ, did you end up wiring the speedo in full ?

Everything but the tach, fuel ending unit, and oil level. I'll take care of those this weekend. I have the wires figured out. I'm going to post what-goes-where, when everything is done. I just re-assembled the bike so I can put together another sponsorship video. I have one of them nice little batteries or new dyna coils in my sights.

Latest posts

Back