Snow Ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
With the temps currently in the mid 30's, just got back taking the VMax for a 12 mile ride "snow ride" here in mid-Michigan. BRrrrrr ! :damn angry:
Once snows on the ground, I like to at least start the engine and let it warm to proper operating temp once a month or take a short ride whenever possible, as long as the roads are clear and dry; which isn't too offen. Drivers probably think I'm crazy for riding in the middle of winter. Just curious .... any other VMax riders in the "northern" states do a "snow ride" ???

If not, then just call me crazy !

Jeff

I'm really tempted. It's 40 degrees and sunny here (near Buffalo NY). I could live with the cold, but they dump salt on the roads here like there's no tomorrow. I'd have to do a good scrubdown. It's supposed to hit 50 degrees tomorrow, but with heavy rain. At least that will wash the roads off.

I've been driving the max as much as I can this winter. As long as it is 30s and above I'm riding. Snow and ice will stop me though. :)

Damn ROAD SALT:damn angry:

I'll ride in 20 degrees F.........I WILL NOT ride in the SALT......

I won't see pavement on my street until sometime in March, maybe even April. We're just now getting to the coldest part of the winter and more snow is sure to come, a lot more snow I suspect!:bang head:
Then I hope we have a early and rainy spring to wash all the remaining salt and sand off the road, that shit is slippery!

I stop once it hit 38 because of the possibility of black ice on the road.

I won't see pavement on my street until sometime in March, maybe even April. We're just now getting to the coldest part of the winter and more snow is sure to come, a lot more snow I suspect!:bang head:
Then I hope we have a early and rainy spring to wash all the remaining salt and sand off the road, that shit is slippery!

A big +1 on this!! Especially the red hi-lighted part....the farmer up the road can't drive through his field roads now and has to take the minuare (that's french for cow shit!!:biglaugh:) up the road. Inevitably some will spill over the sides.....so, yes that shit is slippery!! :rofl_200:

i feel like here the worst is over by valentines day typically..... i wonder if u have longer winters?

i feel like here the worst is over by valentines day typically..... i wonder if u have longer winters?
I think we must have a longer season b/c March is usually starts out very snowy. April has been known to get some snowfall too but the snow is melting and roads are clear but still salt/sand covered. Hopefully April rains will take most of the crap off the roads and we might get a couple rides in. May the snow is mostly gone and we can ride almost like normal.

I think we must have a longer season b/c March is usually starts out very snowy. April has been known to get some snowfall too but the snow is melting and roads are clear but still salt/sand covered. Hopefully April rains will take most of the crap off the roads and we might get a couple rides in. May the snow is mostly gone and we can ride almost like normal.

must be. when do u ride until?

Think the coldest I've ever been out is the mid 30's. That was rather unpleasant, espically since it was like a 4 hour ride and I have no windshield on the Magna.

I park the bike for the winter.....snowmobile time. Though the bike comes out early....typically I'm back riding by mid April.

must be. when do u ride until?
The last day I rode was Nov 18, the day I received a 30 over speeding ticket!:bang head:
Kind of unusual for us as typically we have snow by November it'll most likely melt but by the 15th we usually have good tracking snow to deer season. So normally I am done riding by the end of October.

The last day I rode was Nov 18, the day I received a 30 over speeding ticket!:bang head:
Kind of unusual for us as typically we have snow by November it'll most likely melt but by the 15th we usually have good tracking snow to deer season. So normally I am done riding by the end of October.

ouch ! There goes an upgrade for Rebone. Did a Michigan Trooper tag ya ? Guess it's a good thing you didn't try to outrun him; then you'd be tagged with a 100 over speeding ticket - had you been caught !

ouch ! There goes an upgrade for Rebone. Did a Michigan Trooper tag ya ? Guess it's a good thing you didn't try to outrun him; then you'd be tagged with a 100 over speeding ticket - had you been caught !
It was a sheriff that should of known me as I had met him a couple other times last summer. He rides too so that may have helped along with that I pulled over immediatly.
He had me on radar for 102 - 100 - 97 so he could have hauled me off and flatbedded Redbone, so I was thankful at least for that. The fine was $165.
My brother and I will be rolling through your area on the 26th (wednesday) on our way to upstate New York for Memorial day weekend. Maybe we could meet for lunch if we could find a place that's not too far off 75. I am pretty familar with the area from work and used to live in Flushing.
Hmm, how about Bay City's Hooters?

Attachments

• 74230001.jpg
    74230001.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Wow, that's a speeding ticket bargain. A 17-over ticket(72 in a 55) in NY cost me $275, and that was after bargaining it down to a "failure to obey traffic device". It would have been like $350 if I had just paid it.

If a 30-over fine was only $150, I'd speed a lot more often. It's over 3x that here in the grand 'ol state of NY. If they got you 40 over, you better just run because you're looking at license revoking, a fine that could single-handedly end the US deficit, and of course say bye-bye to your bike. And if there were two of you going that speed, hello street racing charge! You don't want to even think about that. Thousands in fine, possible jail time, automatic license revoking. If you've already got that coming, a little "failure to stop for police" is a drop in the bucket.

Wow, that's a speeding ticket bargain. A 17-over ticket(72 in a 55) in NY cost me $275, and that was after bargaining it down to a "failure to obey traffic device". It would have been like $350 if I had just paid it.

If a 30-over fine was only $150, I'd speed a lot more often. It's over 3x that here in the grand 'ol state of NY. If they got you 40 over, you better just run because you're looking at license revoking, a fine that could single-handedly end the US deficit, and of course say bye-bye to your bike. And if there were two of you going that speed, hello street racing charge! You don't want to even think about that. Thousands in fine, possible jail time, automatic license revoking. If you've already got that coming, a little "failure to stop for police" is a drop in the bucket.

yea my 100+ in a 65 was a deal at $100.

My $10 for excess of 100 in a 30 was a super-steal!! Got it reduced to loud pipes.....course, there's was no way they got a plate number.....:biglaugh:

But that was back in the 'dark ages', today they'd just hunt me down and shoot me!!:punk:

Salt and sand and cold keep me off the road. I wait till the rain has cleaned the streets and the weather is over 60? before I bring it home. It sits in my parents basement which is heated and all... It's better there than anywhere IMO.

Snug as a bug in a rug...:eusa_dance:

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
Back