So, a guy on an R1 pulls up...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
...next to me at a stoplight today, revving his whiny (not so little) engine, and obviously wanting to race. It officially sucks to:

1) Be old enough to know better
2) Be a noob, and
3) Still be breaking in your bike.

I much prefer mini-vans and SUVs. :rocket bike:

Jayhawk said:
...next to me at a stoplight today, revving his whiny (not so little) engine, and obviously wanting to race. It officially sucks to:

1) Be old enough to know better
2) Be a noob, and
3) Still be breaking in your bike.

I much prefer mini-vans and SUVs. :rocket bike:
Ya, unfortunately the R1 is much faster than the VMax... however if you give them a side kick to knock them over, it gives you a good head start! LOL! :D

Buster Hymen said:
Ya, unfortunately the R1 is much faster than the VMax... however if you give them a side kick to knock them over, it gives you a good head start! LOL! :D

Buster, why do I get the impression you are speaking from experience on this, lol

Calimus said:
Buster, why do I get the impression you are speaking from experience on this, lol
LOL...I'm sure I must have ... heard it from somewhere...:whistlin:

Waylander said:
Ride with a guy on a '05 R1. No way would the Vmax have a chance. Not without mods.

That applies to all the litre SS bikes! I find they are not as easy to launch from a start as the VMax is though.

Next time ignore him,when the light turns green,give it everything you have for 2 or 3 gears then get out of it quick before he has time to catch up.
Even half a second advantage at the light can mean 30 -40 ft you will already be in front of him before he knows what happened.

shawn kloker said:
Next time ignore him,when the light turns green,give it everything you have for 2 or 3 gears then get out of it quick before he has time to catch up.
Even half a second advantage at the light can mean 30 -40 ft you will already be in front of him before he knows what happened.

Spoken like an experienced drag racer....These litre bikes will kill even a heavily modified max most of the time.....
But the Max will nearly always come out of the hole and lead for maybe 300 feet before it gets it's ass handed to it...Great opportunity to surprise some one and then cut it short before they kill you......Leaves them wondering....

I remember one time late at night up on main street.I was on my 1972 H2,a new ninja 1200 pulls up beside me at a traffic light and starts reving his motor and looking at me.
The light turned green and I take off,did a 3 gear wheel stand then rolled up to another red light.He finally catches up and pulls up beside me again and flips open his helmet and says,what the fuck is that thing?I told him its a 72 kawasaki then smoked him again badly after the light turned green again.
I still have that bike and now I have another spare motor for it and some 38mm carbs.I can't wait to rebuild it for street-strip.They are the ultimate sleeper.

There was a guy out at the strip a few weeks ago on a similiar bike..sort of I guess.. It was an early 80's Suzuki GS something that absolutley looked like hell but was mechanically sweet....He was killing every body except the Busa/ZX-14 crowd....

Suzuki GS and Kawasaki KZ are the most drag raced old school bikes.Big bore kits and many other performance parts are readily available for them still.Many of them still go very fast.
A good friend of mine now races Yamaha FJ 1200's. He runs 7.80 seconds in the 1/4 mile all the time. www.prochassieracing.com He even makes his own big bore kits for them since no one else does. I get too excited even thinking about going that fast!

Buster Hymen said:
That applies to all the litre SS bikes! I find they are not as easy to launch from a start as the VMax is though.
Not the Vtwin thous. Have raced an SV and a TLS. Got them both.

Back