So I came across this guy yesterday while riding....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
Twice... the first time I wasn't sure actually I saw what I thought I saw... then a few hours later, I came across him again and yep....

Attachments

• apehangers.jpg
    apehangers.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 139
Why would anyone do that. Short of having some sort of impairment that requires your arms to be in that position at all times I don't see the point. After 10 minutes your arms would tired/strained due to lack of proper blood flow. He is going to end up in a nasty wreck at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is this isn't my photo. I was sitting here at my desk talking to a co-working and telling him about what I saw because I just don't think I was doing a good job of explaining how long they were...and then on a whim I Google'd "ridiculous ape hangers" and he was the first guy that came up haha. Guess others have seen him around too and took pictures. :rofl_200:

Whatever floats his boat. It ain't for me to decide what the guy likes. To each, their own.....etc...
I have seen that photo passed around for a number of years now. It always makes me shake my head in wonder too. But then, I wouldn't even be interested in the bike he customized w/o his customizations. In the picture, it looks to me like his kickstand is nearly dragging too.

Whatever floats his boat. It ain't for me to decide what the guy likes. To each, their own.....etc...
I have seen that photo passed around for a number of years now. It always makes me shake my head in wonder too. But then, I wouldn't even be interested in the bike he customized w/o his customizations. In the picture, it looks to me like his kickstand is nearly dragging too.

I've probably seen that picture or the others(there's a few of him) as well. But as I actually sat there at an intersection next to him yesterday.... yea... pictures just don't do it justice. :biglaugh:

Wow not sure if I like it as a bike to ride, but a show bike it's real cool.
My arms would be hurting after a hour of riding it.

Same here....I came across a pic of him just last Friday night....Me and my friends got a good chuckle as well.............

There was a Harley guy that lived next door to me about 8 years ago that had that setup. I would just bust out laughing every time I saw him ride. I don't understand "ape hangers" at all.

Those hangars are a safety device guys. He can ride straight into an oncoming car and escape impact by just pulling himself up by his bars thus avoiding any impact forces. Genius actually. All bikes should be so equipped.

I am not a fan, but to each his own I guess. Function and then cosmetic is how I usually work. I just try and make my function be cosmetic too.

Todd

I saw that guy and the bike last year at Bike Fest in Lake Ozark MO. I think he's been genetically modified with Orangutan DNA.

Chris.

I bet he wears his pants around his legs like the in thing with kids...:ummm:

Back