So I have a really cool story!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
My grandpa past away last year. He had such an active life from merchant marine in D day, Army infantry in Korean war, starting and autoparts store in Alden Ny, starting a fire truck dealership, being an active member in Alden fire department for 50+ years, helping my uncle start a large lanscape business in whales ny, being town supervisor in alden for number of years, helping start WNY american legion, and everything with church every sunday. I'm sure there's more I'm not remembering but I really looked up to him and admire what he had done in life... now for the current story,

My uncle text everyone in the family yesterday saying he was told there's an old thermometer on ebay thar was an advertisment thing for my grandpas autoparts store.. It said donnelly's autoparts alden ny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330911351015&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Sooo I had to have this but didn't want to be bidding up against family. I decided to message him on ebay saying,

This was my grandpas store back in the 50's early 60's and I will be the winning bidder and if I could pick it up in person to save on shipping it.

He replied: don't like self pick ups... STRAINGER DANGER

So at this point what do I have to loose its not like he can't say I won't sell you the item so I busted a joke....

Yea I don't blame you. I meen now a days how are you supposed to defend yourself in NY with only seven rounds...

He replied: 2+2=14.. let me pray on this I really like your story I might just give it to you...

I said that would meen so much to me an our family. I had plan on giving it to my dad as a suprised. He said he hasn't seen one of this for years the only one he say was in my grandpas garage. I will cgive you something for it obviously you wanted to sell it.

This morning I look he removed it from ebay. Got me really excited and he just emailed me back stating this..

Ok, you can call me in we can set up a pick-up.If I don't answer leave message.My name is Nicholas and my # is .Also I don't want anything for it,I get the pleasure, from doing the right thing for the right reason,and that feels good.

I'm am so happy there is people still left in the world like this.. this is one story that will stick with my for the rest of my life!!!!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes there is good people around. Sometimes when we do kind deeds they get noticed and returned 100 fold. All it takes is kindness and respect.
Good story and moral values.

I know this is a great american guy.. good idea on the flowers! Haha if he won't take anything i could just send them!

I too believe in Karma. Always seems to happen when you least expect it. Pay it forward brother...

great story!!

peace,
evan...

I'm thinking maybe an applebees card for him and his wife.

Great story.

Not too sure on the flowers idea though. If he's totally single, and you show up on his doorstep carrying flowers, what would his neighbors think? Or, you might end up on a date. I think I'd go with a box of chocolates to compliment those flowers. lol

I totally like the Applebee's card idea.

Great story.

Not too sure on the flowers idea though. If he's totally single, and you show up on his doorstep carrying flowers, what would his neighbors think? Or, you might end up on a date. I think I'd go with a box of chocolates to compliment those flowers. lol

I totally like the Applebee's card idea.

Hahahahahha yea I know right! But I know he had a significant other his ebay name was nicholasandmelissa lol. But I'm thinking dinner card is better

Great story. I love to hear good things about good people even though its on the rarest of occasions. Imagine the world if everybody would do just one kind thing for a stranger everyday.

Latest posts

Back